“BOGUS OVERCHARGES”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Moved to this hotel by another as their jacuzzi suites were down. Guest noise kept us awake first night. In room no more than 12-14 hours total over 2-1/2 days. Carpets needed vacuuming and dust was prevalent.

Bill was 233.22. Our card was nabbed TWICE -- $279.86 and $265.00. I called, emailed and faxed mgmt to find out why. I'm being told we smoked in a non-smoking room. WE DO NOT SMOKE. I have asthma and can't be around mold, concrete dust or smoke. Was told there were ashes found on carpet and windowsill.

I was further told that if we had allowed housekeeping to come in the first day (we left valuables and computer in room so put out the Do Not Disturb sign to keep housekeeping out), that we would have been charged for both days, a smoking fee and kicked out. Well, I might possibly be able to understand that if we were smokers!

I am disputing all charges with my bank. Hotel is ok -- run-of-the-mill Interstate type. If you stay here, don't get the ground floor -- the noise is incessant all night long, and WATCH YOUR CARD for BOGUS CHARGES.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
CISRNDR, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

I am sorry that you feel and advocate that this charge is "BOGUS CHARGE." There were ashes in the room and windowsill and a very, very heavy and distinct cigarette smell. As a matter of fact, I checked this room along with my front desk manager this morning and is still reeked of cigarette smell. When a guest checks in guest signs hotel's smoking policy. There is "NO SMOKING" tents in every room, No Smoking decal on every door and also posted on our web site that this is a 100% non smoking facility and if guest decides to still smoke in the room, hotel clearly states that hotel will charge guest for restoration and liquidated damages. This policy is applies to all our guests. Hotel also provides an area outside-porch with rocking chairs and ashtrays to facilitae guests that do choose to smoke. We love our guests but we striclty enforce the no-smoking and no-pet policy. A guest is only charged after hotel staff throughly checks and inspects the vacated room. Inspection of vacated room is a standard procedure at this hotel on daily bases. This is done as hotel strictly enforces hotel policies for the guests who love clean environment. Again, I apologize that you feel the way that you do, but these policies are in effect for a reason.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Perfect location right off I-35. Hotel was clean, roomy and staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We came in early, got our room, Staff was very friendly. Room was clean, the beds are comfortable, Nice Showers and the Frig and coffee maker are great. They have an Iron and ironing board, and blow dryer. Location is close to many restuarants, grocery stores, and Malls. Located between Austin and Georgetown. They have some rocking chairs on the front porch, Nice to sit out there and visit with friend's and family when we visit. I've stayed at this Hotal chain in Iowa and Minnesota and loved everyone one of them. I tell my friends to stay at Counrty Inn and Suites too.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Our family stayed here for a wedding in June, 2010. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The breakfast was better than I expected with waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits plus cereals and breads. The pool is small, but clean. The personnel were friendly and helpful and security was good. I paid in advance for my rooms, so I got a pretty good rate.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We originally stopped at a Red Roof Inn, as we just needed a place to sleep for the night. We were on our way to San Antonio. The RRI had a rate of approx $58 and when I looked at the room, it was fine. However, there was a large family (?) group on our floor and there were lots of kids running up/down the halls, everyone was talking loudly, loud music . . . we said, "No thanks."

Right down the highway was the Country Inn & Suites. Guests were sitting on the covered porch, rocking away in rocking chairs . . . lobby looked nice . . . polite check in. We received a late-night rate of $79 for a king room (reg. rate, $104), I took a look . . . and was majorly impressed! Room 122 was large, had a king bed, desk w/chair, an easy chair, low dresser with large TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker/coffee, two bottles of water (free), iron/board, large bathroom w/tub, hair dryer, all amenities . . . our room adjoined with 124. This was a great deal!

The rate included breakfast of waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, fresh fruit, a variety of muffins and cereals, two kinds of juices, coffee, toast, yogurt . . . something for everybody. The inn had a pool and washers/dryers. We definitely recommend this hotel.

We had not heard of this chain . . . but we will seek them out in the future. Everything here was neat, clean, friendly, and perfect!

Sandy (in Denton)

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the room are very nice, and the included breakfast is great!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We traveled to Round Rock for a baseball tournament with our 9 year old and 2 year old. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite. It was wonderful. I put the baby in the play pen in the bedroom when he was ready to go to sleep. The rest of us could hang out in the living area. My boys loved the pool as well.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family