“Very good...but.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stumbled onto Microtel in Round Rock after scrambling for a decent affordable place at the last minute during the South by Southwest affair in Austin. The hotel is brand new, and the room was much larger than the ones I recalled from previous stays at other Microtels. The staff was VERY friendly and accomodating. And the location right off the Toll Road 45 and near I35 is good. There are only two reasons for the 4* vs 5* rating. The access roads and markings leading to the hotel are poor. When we drove up the first night we ended up on an unpaved road alongside the hotel with no access to the entrance. And the breakfast is skimpy compared with the Hampton Inn Arboretum in Austin where we used to stayed before they tripled their prices during SXSW week. I feel badly diluting Microtel's average rating, but for those two reasons I couldn't rate this a five star. If those two problems were fixed, Microtel Round Rock would be a Tripadvisor 5* hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
We are happy that you were able to enjoy your accommodations and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we regret any inconvenience our access issue may have caused. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Round Rock.
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I travel weekly and this is by far the best hotel to stay at! ! The employees are always nice and very helpful! ! The rooms are quiet, nice, very clean, and the beds are very comfortable! ! I stay at only this hotel when I am in town which is weekly! ! This is an EXCELLENT hotel! !!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the kind comments. We absolutely enjoy welcoming back guests and are delighted to know that you value the dependability of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I cannot believe the high number of positive reviews for this place. I travel about 100 nights a year and have stayed at a number of hotels around the US, Canada & Europe. This hotel is new and everything is still nice. The room is rather small and there's only outlets on one side of the bed. The bed is somewhat comfortable but the pillows are not (too thick and firm for my taste) but the reason I give this place 1 star is that the walls are paper thin. It sounds like the people in the neighboring rooms are in my room with me. And I can very clearly hear their conversations. Every time someone on the floor closes the door it rattles mine. If you need a quiet room & value your sleep, stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NativeTexans
We strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort for our guests, so we were disappointed to learn you did not have that experience while here. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to enjoy our hotel.