“Very nice and new, walls are paper thin, you could carry on...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 10 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 568allenf

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were visiting family in Round Rock, but there were bigger activities in Austin the week we were there. There was a mix-up in our reservation because of this. I tried to make reservations for 2 rooms but the confusion of only a few rooms available and our need for 2 nights the night clerk I talked to reserved only 1 room for the 3 of us who were staying. It was a suite and when we got there the manager took us to the room to be sure it would work for us. He even offered us some perks while see there to apologise for the mix-up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EllenW284

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the initial mix-up with your reservation. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and offer a little something extra for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The amenities are very clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The bed and pillows were both very comfortable, which is rare for me to find (I have a shoulder injury). The front-desk folks were nice and welcoming. The included breakfast was what you might imagine--all cereals, breads, and fruits. No proteins to speak of and certainly nothing gluten-free (aside from the fruit) for those of us with food allergies. This is true of most places I've stayed recently, so I don't hold that against this Microtel.

I wouldn't recommend this place if you're a light sleeper and don't have ear plugs. The walls were paper thin. At checkout, the woman at the front desk agreed with me and said she would try to keep ear plugs at the front desk for folks. Hopefully this comes to pass. I could hear the people one room over talking all night. They weren't yelling or talking loudly, but the walls are just that thin. The dressers are situated on walls that are shared with the room next door and roll very easily. As a result, the dresser drawers make a loud thud noise when they finish closing no matter how lightly you try to close them. You can hear it on both sides, so if you share a wall with an early riser (as I did), be prepared to wake up to loud thuds. Opening and closing of doors have a similar effect. After getting ear plugs, everything was fine though.

The other issue I had was with the shower. The shower control is a single turning knob that has a gradient from cold to hot. Unfortunately, the water only turned on at varying degrees of hot. There was no way to have a cold shower and certainly no way to have a reasonable-temperature shower. If you tried to get the shower to turn on in the cold area of the knob, it would just shut off completely. I basically got in and out as quickly as possible to not scald myself. Fix this in Room 328!

I wouldn't stay here again given that I'm such a light sleeper, but the hotel is a great value and extremely clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have a comfortable stay. I do, however, understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our property and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. Please know that you business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. Your feedback is appreciated and it allows us to improve the quality of our product and services. Please know that all of your concerns will be internally discussed with our team for immediate action.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I am here on a business trip for 5 days, and I am on day 4. I was not sure what to expect here but I am very impressed.

The hotel is not too busy, clean, and comfortable. I got a $79 a night rate with two queen beds, which includes a small microwave and fridge, both clean. fridge worked did not use micro. Check in was fast, the room was clean and all the furntiure, & carpet seemed well kept. The bed is a bit firm but still comfortable to me. They have daily housekeeping. Free breakfast daily until 8 am I think and it's basically self serve cereals, mufffins, juice, coffee, and make your own waffles. They have a 24 hr gym which I haven't had a chance to visit, and an indoor pool open til 10 Pm, which I also haven't visited.

The only thing I did not like about the hotel was that the lobby and elevator areas are hot, it's like the A/C is not on at all so it's muggy. However, the room A/C works very well. There is also no restaurants close by, only a Walgreens. So you have to drive down the road along the feeder, or under the freeway straight ahead a few min, but not too far. All in all I've enjoyed my stay, and would book here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I want to thank you for your recommendation. It was great to hear and we truly appreciate your comments. I apologize the lobby and elevator were hot. Please know that these issues have been remedied. I look forward to seeing you again as your business travel brings you back around to Round Rock. Btw, breakfast is served until 9:30 am and our pool is outdoors. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Round Rock Microtel Inn for four nights. It was comfortable, clean, and very affordable. The staff was very nice and even upgraded us to a suite at check-in free of charge. If we are ever in the greater Austin Area again, we will definitely stay at the Microtel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will continue to stay with us and please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Thank you!