“Hurry up!”

Dining options: Reservations
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
“Hurry up!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I was in Austin on business and went to BJ's on a Wednesday night about 7pm. Sat in the bar area right away. Ordered drinks to start, which took a while and when delivered the waitress said "sorry this took so long". Order some apps of the happy hour list, potstickers and margherita flat bread. Both were average at best. These came out on time. Order burgers which took awhile, waitress delivered and said "sorry these took so long". Started eating, orders another round of drinks. These also took awhile and when delivers the waitress said "sorry these took so long".

I had the classic burger with cheddar cheese ordered medium rare and was pleased with the burger. Afterwards I ordered a crown royal on the rocks. Just ice and crown royal. We had a new waitress at this time due to shift change. She delivered the drink and said, you guessed it, "sorry this took so long". The restaurant wasn't all that crowded yet everything (other than the apps) entrees, beer, cocktails, everything took way too long. And the waitresses instead of apologizing to me that things were taking too long, should not accept that, and address this with the bar and kitchen or elevate to her manager. Otherwise everyone will be under the impression that everything is fine (which was not).

I did like the beer (nutty brunette) and the manager was attentive and notice I wanted to watch the hockey game and changed a closer TV for me. That was later trumped by the San Antonio Spurs game but I was in Texas.

Due to the long wait on multiple occasions I can't recommend this location. On top of that the servers didn't see any need to address the issue and just settled for making apologies.

1 Thank gondekp

New York City, New York
“slow and iffy”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

been here a couple of times and let's say the food is a 50/50. Drinks are always good, my main problem is the servers put the straw in the drink before you get it. The problem is they are picking up dirty dishes and scratching their faces, playing with hair ect and never and I mean never wash their hands. The place also lacks serving trays so they put their hands once again in the food and inside the dishes. Watched a waiter lick the soup off his finger wipe his hand on his apron and come back 30 seconds later with drinks for another table. Make me sick to my stomach. Anyway got a glass of wine which was good, also a turkey burger which came out a bit cold. My wife got the tomato soup in a bread bowl and loved it. They offer 1/2 price wine on Thursdays so I will likely return... but never ever drink from the fountain or iced tea.

• Visited May 2014
Brushy Creek, Texas
“Always good food and beer, but kitchen slows late”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We have been to several BJs in the Austin area, and this visit was typical of our experiences. The food is quite good, the beer (especially their own brews, which in Texas are actually brewed by St. Arnold's of Houston to BJ's specificiations) are very tasty, but the kitchen is usually quite slow after 9 o'clock. It took around half an hour to get our food and the restaurant was not busy.

Visited April 2014
Austin, Texas
“U-Turn and Head Back Towards Austin”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My second and last visit .... The first visit had great service, but mundane, uninspired food served with an order mix-up. The most recent visit had the most appalling hostess service with mundane, uninspired food and two (out of four) order mix-ups. All at a somewhat inflated price. I suppose this aims at upscale pub. And, there are some good beer selections. The menu is far more ambitious than the kitchen's abilities.

My group of four included one diner on crutches. When we checked in with the hostess, we were very curtly told there would be a 20 minute wait for a decidedly non-peak time meal. That seemed odd as the parking lot was less than half full. As I looked around the restaurant, there were more empty tables and booths they were filled one. I suspect there had been a mid-afternoon rush as the place was notably untidy. In fairness, there were people working to clean tables and floors. But, that hardly warranted the utter rudeness of the hostess. When we decided to wait, the hostess made no suggestion or accommodation for the member of our party on crutches. In fact, she seemed to resent that we, and others, were interrupting her day dreaming.

In my own view, little could have overcome the hostesses rudeness, hostility and neglect. My order came out as it ought to have. There were mix-ups on two of the other orders. One of of group just grinned and bore it. The other sent his back, and everyone else was finishing his or her meal as his (more-or-less) corrected order returned.

Nothing was particularly tasty or delectable. But it was decidedly over-priced.

Not again!

• Visited April 2014
Austin, Texas
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This BJ's location is conveniently located within walking distance to the Round Rock Outlet Malls. Their service is always quick, food is warm and staff is friendly.

• Visited March 2014