“Manager/Leadership problem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went in about 1pm on a Friday (there were 6 of us), got a table within about 5 minutes. The table hadn't been cleaned first so the hostess attempted to clean it as we sat. It was a round booth table so she couldn't reach the entire width. I attempted to help her ( which I didn't mind), but the rag left the table really wet so my daughter asked if we could get a different rag. The hostess went off to get it and my daughter went to wash her hands as the table was pretty dirty. As she walked back she heard the hostess telling the manager "some woman over there is "b’ing" (insert bad word here) and complaining". 15 minutes go by with no waitress and us wondering if it was possible hostess had been talking about us. She comes back and I apologize if we had been high maintenance. She replies "oh". My daughter replied she had heard her complaining about a customer. She admitted she was talking about us but tried to say it was about something under our booth. Wow. We asked for the manager and while we waited, another 5 minutes, a waitress comes over. The same waitress we'd seen walk by our table about 10 times in the 15 minutes were no one stopped to see if we'd like something to drink, nothing. We could tell it wasn't going to be good when she barely smiled and said only, "sorry for the long wait". We said we were waiting for the manager and probably would be leaving. The manager came - the same person the hostess was talking to in the open about the “bad word” and moaning customer. That's a problem. First- nothing wrong (and completely normal), for wait staff to complain about customers - what is wrong is for them to be so indiscreet about it. And to the manager in front of customers. That's behavior that is clearly condoned by him and I'm sure wasn't the first time. Shows bad leadership. He told us he would serve us himself if we stayed. If a manager is ok with his employees speaking so blatantly about a customer BY the customers table, what kind of food do we think we are going to get? It worried us to be honest. Corporate will be notified because he shouldn't be in charge of anyone serving customers.

3  Thank gm4

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This popular spot is always crowded probably because of the wide variety of good food, good beer, and multiple television sets tuned to several sporting events. You can always call ahead to get your name on the waiting list to avoid a long wait once you arrive.

It does not matter what you like to eat, BJ's probably has it. Prices are very reasonable. Amazingly it is not too noisy considering it is always crowded. My mistake it that I find something I like and tend to order it every time.

At lunchtime they have combinations of soups, sandwiches and salads that give you variety at a more reasonable price.

BJ's is always good when going out with friends and there is no meeting of the minds on what type food everyone wants. BJ's has something for everyone.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I tried the several of their beers as samplers and decided on the Brewery Blonde. It was so good I had several. I had an excellent conversation with a few other beer drinkers/diners and thoroughly enjoyed the few hours I spent there in front of their 110 inch TV screen. As an afterthought I ordered a medium rare hamburger to go. By t he time I got home it had cooled little but it was cooked to perfection and delicious. I would recommend
B J's to every one. The diners ranged from families, young adults to old timers like me.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This used to be my favorite place to go on a friday evening for happy hour and sometimes a late dinner. We were really disappointed this last time with the food and the drinks. Pizza was dried out and tasted like cardboard, rib eye was equally dry and tasteless with no sauce to enhance the flavor...almost tasted like microwave. My husband's burger was average unlike the last few times we have been here. Seems like none of these restaurants reliably stay the same great restaurant for very long.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I have visited several times. We prefer to sit in the bar - always excellent service. The menu is vast - but not so much that you can't decide. The appetizers come out pretty quickly and the meals tend to follow right away - so we always ask that they place our order whne the appetizer is served. My huband likes to try the seasonal beers - I like to try their cocktails - really good mojito!
We will continue to visit BJ's when we are in the area and would definately recommend it for a casual lunch or dinner.