“Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Took my Mom to the Great Mothers Day Brunch today. Service and food were top notch. Over the top flavor and a wide variety of choices.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

OK, this is Texas, er, southern food. Don't expect to get oysters on the half shell or mussels marinara. But if you want good home cookin' and local fare (including their incredible selection of local spirits), AMAZING service, and just a great experience for dining, this is the place to come. I would urge you to check their menu out online first because for some, it's just not the right thing. But if you resign yourself to the whims of the menu, you will be very happy. I give this a rare 5 stars not just for food, but for the SERVICE. Good food + excellent service is awesome. I understand they are opening up a third location near Westlake, should be a great venue.

1  Thank 5GMan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was our first time. Food was good, service was excellent but prices are a little over the top. Liked the fact that there were unusual food choices (to me) and good. Just a little too pricey for lunch.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed a stone's throw away near. Saltgrass Steakhouse and Chuy's many times but never noticed Jack Allen's Kitchen near Rudy's. Curiosity got the better of me when yet another colleague recommended the place so we drove behind Rudy's and finally set eyes on it for the first time.

Even on a week day evening it gets crowded. We waited our 20 minutes and w were glad we did. The bacon-wrapped quail was delicious and set expectations high for the rest that was to come. We were not disappointed. The famed chorizo pork medallions and another pork dish with pecans & laid upon a bed of vegetables were very good. JAK's support of local farmers is a well-known policy, with 80% of ingredients being locally-sourced. The way it's served by JAK is certainly a great advertisement for all that local produce.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

First time eating at a JA's, we were pleasantly surprised. Complimentary valet parking was a nice start. It was Saturday night at 7 and the place was packed. We got a drink at the bar and waited 25 minutes for our table, not bad, considering. Food is locally sourced, which is a plus. We shared a queso and pork appetizer which was small, but good. She had one of the specials, street tacos, which were very good. I had the chicken fried beef rib.. I had to try it...It had been smoked, so it was cooked before the frying. It was tender, smoky tasting and overall, pretty good. It came with some good mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. I probably wouldn't have it again, but there are plenty of other options I would like to try. Service was excellent. The restaurant was very clean, even the bathrooms. It's also pretty loud.