“Ambience okay, food just fair”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #12 of 353 Restaurants in Round Rock
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Round Rock, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience okay, food just fair”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This restaurant is close to our home so about once a year we forgive them for the last time and try them. I just don't get it. The ambiance is okay -- country western -- but not so exciting you'd go there for the ambiance.

The food is nothing exciting, or even tasty. The steaks are fine; the sides all taste like pre-made, frozen food. just not delicious or fresh at all.

• Visited December 2013

Georgetown, Texas
“Just one click from Excellent”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went there the other night with another couple and had a great time. Our waiter was friendly and had a personality. I'm a weird person with strange taste and my order is always slightly modified. I'm paying for it and I want it my way and they did me right. My food was good, real good and the amount was adequate. The other three members of the outing enjoyed their food and we'll go back in the future.
They are not easy in and out. In fact, if you want to head north on I-35 the way out can be an adventure.

• Visited April 2014
Round Rock, Texas
“Super delicious Primerib steak!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have been to Saltgrass several times. They have always been so consistent with their great quality of food and service. We love the primerib steak, it is very good and very reasonably priced. I also love their shrimp dishes too. It is a great place to celebrate a special occasion!

• Visited February 2014
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Nice Ambiance in this Small Town”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We are not from Texas so have not visit this chain. This particular one was terrific, great ambiance, friendly service, quick service, and a menu to meet the needs of us who are forgoing red meat but our dining partner is not.

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“Alright but not well above average”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We found the food to be tasty, but overpriced for small portions. The service was slow even though the restaurant was not busy. Overall only average.

• Visited January 2014