“Good food but pricey!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Website reestablished update link
Reviewed 8 May 2012

If your in the mood for a Japanese Steakhouse this place will definately fit your fancey. I just found it to be a bit higher priced.

1  Thank dgdeppen

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We ate there twice so far and the experiences were almost identical. To be honest, when we first got there, I wasn't to sure about it. The Hostesses were not very enthusiastic and you come into an area where there is a big screen television. Neither are things you are seeking out in a $30+ dining experience. But the food was excellent. We have had sirloin, ribeye, shrimp, and scallops so far. The scallops were surprisingly good. I could see coming back and having the only the fried rice for dinner. The "show" part was very fun. They also have good drink specials during happy hour.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I order chirashi typically since most sushi chefs like to prepare it to demonstrate a certain flare. This was one of the best chirashi meals I have had a many sushi restaurants.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Let me first admit that I am far from being an expert on sushi. I eat sushi probably one or two time each month simply because I like it and find it a fairly light dinner when I am traveling. I've eaten at this particular restaurant several times. I tried it initally because it is about a block walk from a hotel I stay at when in Round Rock. I asked a couple of locals about the place and even though they did not recommend it, I decided to rty it and am really glad that I did. I know enough about sushi to know if the chef has a clue and if the ingredients are high quality and fresh. In my opinion, this place hits the spot on all of those. I generally stick with stuff like the spicy tuna roll or the Texa Roll, which is a spicy version of the California Roll. I've tried a few of the more fancy roll preparations. They're always good, but I just prefer simple stuff.
The Japanese steakhouse part of the restaurant always has a modest amount of people on weeknights and the classic grill demonstration area seems to keep hopping. Prices are very reasonable and the staff, including the Sushi chef are all very friendly. If you're in Round Rock and looking for good sushi, good variety at reasonable prices and friendly atmosphere, you really should try this place. It has not disappointed me in several visits over the past year.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I recently went to Tokyo Steakhouse with my father when I was visiting from England. We used to go about thirty years ago, when it was located in north Austin. Little has changed in terms of the food -- starter of miso soup broth, followed by salad with an interesting, unforgettable dressing (yummy), and then, sitting at a grill, a fancy-shmancy display of cutting, tossing, and flaming of everything from shrimp to broccoli.

The one thing that has changed is the atmosphere -- it's got about ten grill-tables that seat 9, plus some table-only areas so you don't have to get your eyebrows singed off at the grill. Nevertheless, it's a lot more noisy than it used to be.

That said, the chef's demonstration was amazing. He kept tossing bits of food up into his hat, or throwing them at the diners to have them try to catch it in their mouths. The kids at our table, who weren't part of our party but they do that, seating parties together to fill a grill-table, weren't the only ones laughing and clapping and hooting as the wonderful joy of food preparation was demonstrated to us.

The only con's are the expense -- probably ranging from $16-$40 (if you get steak and lobster). However, portions are generous and very tasty.

I think you can also get a duff cook -- some weren't as flashy as others, judging from a brief survey of the other tables. Ours was excellent -- Victor. Try to call ahead and find out when he's working, and book a table with him.

The final thing is that all the food has a grilled/soy sauce flavor to it, so if your kids like their chicken tenders and fish sticks, they may not go for the food all that much, even though it's much healthier for them.