“Staff Needs Training for Emergencies”
Review of Cafe Serranos La Frontera - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Serranos La Frontera
Cuisines: Mexican
Austin, Texas
“Staff Needs Training for Emergencies”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I ate lunch with my wife and her 91-year old mother, when the power went off about 1:30. We waited approximately 15 minutes for the power to return, and noticed that only 1 of the 3 emergency lights functioned, which the fire department inspected the next business day and made them fix. I finally asked for a check, which was understandably computed manually, and told that we could pay cash or wait for the power to return to pay with a credit card. Fortunately, we had enough cash as I understand that it took approximately 1 hour for power to return. I had to ask for a "to-go" box for the balance of my meal, and before we left the fire alarm went on which was piercing. In addition, smoke and a noxious smell came rolling out from the kitchen, and we rushed outside simultaneously holding our breath and ears.

Chef Adam from the aptly-named "Gotcha Services" responded to my e-mailed complaint by stating "The alarms went off do to the MESQUITE SMOKE that accumulated in the kitchen and spilled over into the dining area. I am glad that we can report to the Round Rock Fire Department that our fire alarms are functioning and that all customers were abel (sic) to get out of building. Noxious – I am pretty sure all smoke is so."

He also stated "I know that at one time we had procedures in writing for this type of ordeal but sadly no one can place them. We will surely reinstate them ASAP."

Marginal food and NO staff training for emergencies. Gotcha indeed.

Visited December 2013

Belton, Texas
“Very good”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

The queso is awesome. Everyone in our group said their food was very good. Service was good. Would definitely go back when in Round Rock.

Georgetown, Texas
“Yum”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is one of my favorite place to go when we are in Round Rock. I love the mesquite smell when we walk in and love, love, love, their mesquite chicken tacos.

Visited August 2012
Georgetown, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OOPS!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I hit the wrong button and it falls in withe the rest of the Mexican restaurants in the area - Average!

Hutto, Texas
“great breakfast”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

we have been here twice for their breakfast. not sure about thier lunch and dinner