I ate lunch with my wife and her 91-year old mother, when the power went off about 1:30. We waited approximately 15 minutes for the power to return, and noticed that only 1 of the 3 emergency lights functioned, which the fire department inspected the next business day and made them fix. I finally asked for a check, which was understandably computed manually, and told that we could pay cash or wait for the power to return to pay with a credit card. Fortunately, we had enough cash as I understand that it took approximately 1 hour for power to return. I had to ask for a "to-go" box for the balance of my meal, and before we left the fire alarm went on which was piercing. In addition, smoke and a noxious smell came rolling out from the kitchen, and we rushed outside simultaneously holding our breath and ears.
Chef Adam from the aptly-named "Gotcha Services" responded to my e-mailed complaint by stating "The alarms went off do to the MESQUITE SMOKE that accumulated in the kitchen and spilled over into the dining area. I am glad that we can report to the Round Rock Fire Department that our fire alarms are functioning and that all customers were abel (sic) to get out of building. Noxious – I am pretty sure all smoke is so."
He also stated "I know that at one time we had procedures in writing for this type of ordeal but sadly no one can place them. We will surely reinstate them ASAP."
Marginal food and NO staff training for emergencies. Gotcha indeed.