“Award Winning and We Agree with the Judges!”
Review of Torchy's Tacos

Torchy's Tacos
Ranked #6 of 353 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Beach, Florida
“Award Winning and We Agree with the Judges!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

First off we arrived late, just as they were closing, but we were really hungry travelers and asked if they could still serve us and they most graciously said, no problem! The fella at the front counter took his time to explain the vast menu of tacos and also gave us some recommendations, noting that the Trailer Trash Taco and Queso were two award winning items of theirs. So amongst other items, we ordered both. It didn't take long for the delicious chips and queso to come out, and it was outstanding. Our picky eating kids were in tow, and they were devouring it. No sooner, did the waiter bring out another large batch of chips. The food arrived soon after and it was equally amazing. We were so glad to have found this place alongside the road. We were headed to the Salt Lick for BBQ but they closed earlier than someone had told us on the phone. I guess we had called the wrong Salt Lick (so be careful with that). But our mistake worked out for the better, because Torchy's was awesome and we ended up not really liking the Salt Lick anyway, once we did get to try it. But sticking to this review, add this place to your list if you want some inexpensive yet delicious Tex Mex. When in Round Rock-we WILL be back for more Torchy's!

1 Thank flyrfly

Taipei, Taiwan
“tasty tasty tacos”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When I told my sister-in-law I wanted to eat some tacos while in Austin, it wasn't even a question of where we would go. We had Torchy's twice - once using the convenient online order system, and once at the restaurant. I loved the decor, especially the red reflector wall, and was really happy to find Maine Root beverages on tap. Our group enjoyed a variety of tacos - the green chile pork + the Democrat [beef barbacoa] were my favorites. Everything was fresh and the sauces were all fantastic. I would definitely recommend stopping by one of their locations while in town!

Austin, Texas
“Unique Tacos and Best Queso”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Torchy's in my go-to for quick, yummy, cheap food. Their standard menu of inspired tacos never disappoints but it's their special tacos that set them apart from other taco places. My favorite was a thai inspired taco followed by a spicy shrimp taco. Their Democrat taco is also amazing. Don't bother with the breakfast tacos. For some reason, their eggs are really rubbery. Just get something from the regular menu. My kids love their queso and have it for breakfast sometimes. We also like the cane sugar sodas and the various salsas. Service is sometimes iffy but since they only really bring you your food, it't not a big deal.

Round Rock, Texas
“Too many flies”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

From grand opening date to now, the management has not brought the issue of too many flies under control. I will continue to order their food, but as takeout. Inside the restaurant, they have a fly issue. It is simple, they have a bar attached to the restaurant that has wide open access to the outside environment. Close the bar windows with sliding screens with only one opening for orders. I am not saying shutdown the bar, because I get that people like Margaritas and beer. This is Texas and it is hot, so we need our alcoholic fluids. But I don't like flies landing on food that I plan to eat.

• Visited June 2014
Alpine, Texas
“Popular Taco stop”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The food was awesome. There were three of us and we had a Green Chili Pork, a Chicken Fajita, and a Crossroad Tacos along with queso and chips and guacamole and chips. All were excellent. They serve speciality sodas which were all tasty. We were there just after noon and the place was packed. The line to order was out the door but it moved quickly and the food was delivered fairly quickly considering how busy they were.

• Visited May 2014