“Cheap but ok”

and 1 more site!
WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

It's not the best but It's ok. You have to stay a week, they only rent by the week. That's 7 days, so by the time you include taxes, and full deposit It's over $440.00 per room. The AC did not work but they kept working on it. I don't smoke but I was desperate and took the room. Warning DO NOT TRY TO BOOK THIS ROOM FROM EXPEDIA. BIG MISTAKE.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank airmartex
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback for our Value Place Hotel. We use all comments as a training tool for our staff. Our goal is to make sure our guest is comfortable and happy with their stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Im sure the accomodations of this place could be good. One problem though, the woman at the front desk was rude about anything, absolutely everything. We finally got to the point to not call the front desk if we knew she was working. I dont know why you get into hospitality service when your attitude is like this. There is no way she is still there now im sure. Definitely out of the 100+ hotels we have stayed at I have never seen anyone so rude. We payed for the week and left 3 days early because of the rude service. Everyone else was ok. Then when we were checking out early, we tried to get a refund and the rude person says "no refund cause now we have to wash the sheets" I was like thinking in my head "you don't wash the sheets anyway" UNBELIEVABLE .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JCStolz
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was very impressed with how clean Value Place was for my stay. I did enjoy my trip, however, I am put off by the raft of "policies" they have in place that seem quite excessive. I realize these are likely in place to prevent issues that other chains deal with, but it's exhausting having to sign all of the paperwork and go through several pages of rules and policies. When you get into your room, you are expected to inspect the room and furnishings thoroughly and check them off or write on the sheet provided exactly what is wrong with the room in the way of damages. Renting a car takes less time. Also, not refunding the $100 deposit required until after 5-7 days is up is a bit too long in my opinion. After all, I doubt the room stays vacant during that period of time so that it can be assessed by the manager to see if further damage was done. I would stay there again if I were in a car and bringing all the necessities they don't provide: shampoo/conditioner; hair dryer; dishes; cooking utensils/cookware and things such as that. Another thing that bothered me was the 24 hour notice requirement. If you don't give notice, you are charged extra. If I reserve the room through a certain date and they know this, why do I have to give notice? It seems to be a phenomenal waste of paper. Overall, it was a modestly appointed room that was very clean. The bed is not overly comfortable, but ok. I would stay there again if I'm trying to save money.

Room Tip: Make sure to be specific if you do not want a smoking room. Bring dishes.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is my second stay at value place round rock. I am an upscale boutique hotel manager from Cleveland so generally I have high expectations when it comes to cleanliness and customer service. I always make a point to go out of my way to let people know ive had a good experience. After all I would hope guests would do the same for my staff as well. Overall I am more than pleased. Checking in was a breeze. Toby, who is in charge of safety was extremely professional, thorough, and helpful. He went out of his way to ensure our needs were met. Value place should be greatful to have such a good employee representing their company. The facility is squeeky clean. Decently comfortable beds, working A/C, full kitchen, television, and very quiet even while being located right off IH-35. My wife actually lived at this location a few years back while working here in Austin. I have to admit that without her suggestion I likely would have never choosen to stay here, as we have the means to stay at any place of our choosing. (Not being pretentious by any means, Its just my upbringing.) But why waste money on more expensive accommodations? You pay weekly to stay here, and I would have paid hundreds more had we stayed elsewhere. I absolutely will stay here again in the future. The location is great. Its safe, comfortable and clean. If all you need is the bare essentials that are far superior compared to places like best value inn, red roof, motel six, etc.. This place is for you! Thanks for another great stay, we will certainly return on our next visit to Round Rock!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

The staff are very helpful, location is great, very clean, and is accessible and close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. Great price for short or long term stay. Two thumbs up, and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank DWolvington
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management