“Lovely Oyster, Lovely Staff”

Pacific Star Oyster Bar
Ranked #220 of 369 Restaurants in Round Rock
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Description: The best seafood restaurant is just right up the interstate. We are conveniently located right off highway 35 by Dairy Queen. We have fresh oysters delivered every Monday and Thursday. All you can eat catfish special on Monday is a great deal you cannot pass up. If you like a great oyster bar but want to try something new, our restaurant serves up a great crawfish cheese steak sandwich and crawfish etoufee. Order your Cajun food friend or broiled or anyway you like! Come by soon and enjoy a game while eating the best seafood around!
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having grown up on a Pacific Northwest oyster farm and then moving to Round Rock as an adult, I'm always a bit dubious about seafood restaurants in the middle of Texas. However, my tummy was grumbling for some oysters last night so I had to push that little voice sqeaking "oysters in Texas, doesn't seem right" out of my head.

Pacific Star Oyster bar is super casual, has a large bar and several televisions and quite a few tables for four or more. This is a place for three things: beer, oysters, and fried things. As I find fried seafood sacrilegious, I was searching the menu for something else. I settled on the oysters Ranchero and my husband had the crawfish etouffee.

The oysters Ranchero were small gulf oysters on the half shell with pico de gallo and melted monterey jack cheese. With the addition of the provided lime slices and a pinch of salt, these oysters were amazing. The oysters themselves are small and not too briny, good for beginners, and mild in taste. My husband is a so-so oyster eater and he had a half-dozen of them.

The crawfish etouffee was a bit soupier than I would deem totally authentic and the rice sort of floated in it but the broth was rich and deep with a little bit of spice. There was plenty of tender crawfish floating around.

The gentleman who seated us and waited on us was extremely friendly and attentive. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We love pacific star!! Everything is always fresh and delicious!! My dad claims it has the coldest beer in town! The crawfish are
to die for when they are on season! The sauce on them is addicting!! Hottest crispest fries in town too!! Love this place!!

2  Thank Addie Q
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our friends liked this restaurant so we went along even this is not where we wanted to eat because of the reviews and we had eaten here years ago. The service was really bad. The catfish was tasteless. The seafood platter had the WORST stuffed crab we've ever eaten. The fried oysters were small but had a big price tag, so I was really disappointed. Save your time and I do mean time and money and go somewhere else!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have been going to Pacific Star for about 5-6 yrs. I go there for the Gumbo to be honest, its hot, tasty and is great on a cold day like today. The other thing I used to get a lot was the "broiled" shrimp diablo. I tried it tonight, I guess they forgot what "broiling" means. The bacon wasn't crispy like it used to be. I decided to let that slide and try the "blackened flounder"...it was grilled alright...but hardly blackened. The garlic "toast" looked like they barely scared it past the flames. I was disappointed in that, and they never asked, "how is everything?". I almost NEVER send anything back for extra time cooking, and I wasn't going to do it tonight. If asked, I was going to say they need to cook things a little longer...but oh well, I guess they don't care that much. Now I know why the parking lot is empty all the time. This is a sad development to a formerly seafood place. I saw the trip advisor sign on the door and wanted to put my review on here. I don't like writing bad reviews; but, I felt it had to be said.

1  Thank frich78
Reviewed 8 May 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant, and my wife agreed(with some skepticism) to try it. Surprise, surprise she liked it. The food was very good. I have had oysters on the half shell in a bunch of places, and these were as good as any and better than most. The entrees we had were very good. We were there around 5pm so service certainly wasn`t an issue. The waitress was friendly, not intrusive. Overall, good experience, and we will go back.