“Some dishes seem too soupy”
Review of Thai Spoon R

Thai Spoon R
Ranked #52 of 416 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 August 2018

A big group of us from work came and only about half of us liked their food. The ginger dish surprised us, as it had so much sauce, it seemed like a soup. Another dish was similar, with a lot more sauce than expected, giving it a soupy appearance, even though it was a dish with a big mound of rice in the middle, not like pad thai or vietnamese bun. My fried rice dish was good, although the onion pieces were large and the shrimp required tail removal. It was served on a plate, not in a bowl, and was a smaller helping than I get when I order shrimp fried rice elsewhere. Our lunchtime service was good and prompt enough. My very good friend says her children love this restaurant, but I don't think it's very special, even though I would be fine with returning.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This used to be our favorite Thai restaurant until the past few months, The owners have decided it is more important to do their to go orders before their restaurant in house orders. Last time, took 30 minutes to get an appetizer and an hour and 10 minutes to get regular order. While we were there, about 25 people got to go orders with several placing them there and waiting no longer than 10 minutes to get their food. There was another couple, who were very smart, that after waiting 30 minutes for their order, went outside and ordered a to go order and received it in less than 10 minuets and then canceled their other order that had been placed over 40 minutes earlier. In talking with the servers, who were excellent even though their manager put them in a bad position, said they have complained to the owners who said their to go orders were more important. That server was asking if we knew any other good restaurants looking for help. Needless to say, we won't be making Thai Spoon a regular stop anymore! I'd give 0 stars to management and 5 stars to the poor servers who had to hear crap from all their very annoyed customers.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We usually go there for dinner but met a friend for lunch the other day - very reasonably priced and fast.
Green curry and the PAd Thai are my favs.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Funny how we write about restaurants on travels, but forget to write about the amazing places literally right around the corner from home.

Thai Spoon is a standard for us, and the lunch menu is hard to beat. Any of the curries are worth your time.

I usually get my dishes at “medium” spicy, unless I’m feeling adventurous. Medium has just the right endorphin burn for my palate.

If you happen to be in the area and love Thai, this is a great local spot.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This is a fun place to eat. The food is absolutely delicious. Best wonton soup ever. And the spring rolls are incredible. Prices are reasonable and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Thai Spoon R? Share your experiences!