“Birthday trip success”
Review of Round Top Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Round Top
Round Top Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Round Top B&B and Inns
Galveston Island, Texas
“Birthday trip success”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Round Top Inn to celebrate my golden birthday. It was WONDERFUL! We spent our first day shopping in beautiful Round Top and enjoying the eateries. The people all around town are amazing and friendly. (We were even invited on a little tour of the tiny church in town by one of the store owners.) That evening David pointed us in the direction of the best sunset viewing spot. We hung our hammock and drank wine until the sun went down. Our night in the Little Cottage was perfect and peaceful. We really enjoyed the cozy space. The next morning we woke early to perch ourselves on the porch rockers, drink hot coffee, and watch the sun come up over the dew covered countryside. The Round Top Inn property is historic, immaculately groomed, and straight out of dream. Thank you, David and staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is the second year we have stayed with David at the Round Top Inn. What a lovely, peaceful surprise! The room (the little cabin) is so peaceful and a great, romantic getaway for my husband and me. We have stayed here both years to see our daughter in Shakespeare at Winedale and the location couldn't be better. Dinner at Royers, a spin around the town square, and a glass of wine withe the band at The Stone Cellar- all within walking distance! We will definitely be back. Thanks, David, for a wonderful second visit. He even pulled out cushions for us so that we didn't have to sit on the hard seats at Winedale!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Truly amazing in EVERY respect. I am a travel aficionado (US and abroad) and seek out those wonderful gems that are the creme de la creme of the bed and breakfast experience. Round Top Inn is number ONE on my B & B list. If you dream of getting away, being spoiled, having absolutely ideal accommodations and a world class host who is pure sophistication and savvy (that would be the fabulous innkeeper Mr. Athey!) then Round Top Inn will be your bliss! I get teary-eyed when it is time for departure...this is my FAVORITE getaway in Texas, and my favorite B & B in the US or abroad, bar none. Can't wait for my next visit to Round Top...boy, do I need it! And be sure to ask the innkeeper for directions to the wonderful restaurant, Royers Cafe', just a block or two away...your trip to Round Top will be sheer perfection combining Round Top Inn with a luscious meal at Royer's! I am sooooooo ready to go back, NOW! :)

Room Tip: Put yourself completely in the innkeepers hands...tell him a little about you and he will match you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NatalieJG
Clinton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Passing through Round Top on business like I was? Then greetings my one and only other fellow Round Top business traveler! Well, okay, there might be more than one. But given the town's population of 90 (up recently from 87 from what I was told), there likely aren't too many fellow business travelers. There are even fewer options in terms of the usual chain lodging you I usually find elsewhere. In other words, there are none. This, however, turned out to be a very good thing!

The next time your travels take you through Round Top, TX, make it a point to stay at the Round Top Inn. The house I stayed in on the property was very nice. Despite it's charmingly rustic exterior and interior, modern amenities such as WIFI and a very efficient A/C adorned my two-bed suite. There was even a ceiling fan to help keep the cold air circulating. There was no TV in my suite, but I did not miss it. If you're thinking of staying here, you probably won't, either. The bed was very comfortable, and it was so quiet in Round Top that sleep distractions common at other hotels were non-existent. The owner, David, was very gracious and accommodating, and the town and its people were absolutely wonderful!

Oh, and one other item. I'm usually not a fan of hotel tap water. As in, I can't stand it. However, I saw the drinking cups in the bathroom nearby and thought, "why not?" Guess what? It tastes just like bottled water. I was really surprised and quite impressed that such improvements as a water filtration system were made to this property. A small detail, but an important one, and one that also reveals the level of customer service you'll likely receive on your visit.

I'm guilty of getting on TripAdvisor and not always writing the most glowing reviews, so I thought it would be nice for a change to review a place I really enjoyed staying. From the accommodations to the town itself to its people, Round Top and the Round Top Inn are winners in my book. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed three nights at this adorable little gem in the heart of texas! I was there for a wedding and the entire wedding party stayed at the Inn. We were on our own little Texas island - the little cabins and cottages are adorable! Each is decorated in the most quaint Texas style. Country... but not country with a "K" like many Bed and Breakfasts places. The artwork around the Inn is wonderful and they have the best outdoor space too. The breakfasts were hearty and homemade, not just pastry and coffee. The sweetpotato hash (with cilantro and lime) was wonderful and you will Need the recipe to take home! So deeelish! David, the owner, was super nice and accomodating. A charming man with a great sense of humor and ease about him. Definitely plan to return for a family reunion - it is the perfect location for a family get together or wedding! Just Charming!!!

Room Tip: I liked the room in the main house at the top of the stairs... wonderful cow rugs and a neat little...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Plenty of room for the wedding party and parents to relax and enjoy each other's company while David Athey and staff took care of everything else. Attention to detail showed in every house, bedroom and public area of the property. Beautfully decorated to delight the eyes and thoughtful amenities for the guests. The breakfasts were fantastic, the A/C was cold and the hospitality abundant. Gracious, Texas-style B&B! I can't wait to go back with a special someone and kick back for a long weekend!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This enchanting property offers all that is needed for the perfect trip........peaceful, wonderful views, amazingly decorated, plush linens and a 5-star breakfast that will rival any top chef.
Owner/manager David Athey knows the hospitality industry and has put his 'midas' touch on the Round Top Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Best Western Giddings Inn & Suites
No photo provided
Cottonwood Inn
#5 of 7 in La Grange

Been to Round Top Inn? Share your experiences!