“My favorite burger joint in Rolwett”
Review of Burger Island

Burger Island
Ranked #8 of 99 Restaurants in Rowlett
Cuisines: American
Description: Located in Rowlett, Texas. One of the better burgers in the city.
Description: Located in Rowlett, Texas. One of the better burgers in the city.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good food, friendly staff and not very expensive at all. If you do not have a big appetite, I would suggest splitting the buger since they are 1/2lb. in size. Also add a side of Texas toothpicks and you will be set for a great meal.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very casual, family dining... Walk in, sit where you like, someone friendly will come take your drink order, then your burger order. Not to long of a wait for big burgers made to order, usually my spouse and I split one. You can also split the order and get half of each of fries, tots or sweet potato fries with a side of marshmallow dipping sauce. We learned not all the Burger Islands have the sweet potato fries, so this is the one we come to...Negative: The only thing that comes to mind is I'm remembering last summer on more than a couple of our visits it seemed really hot in there, so hot I didn't want to go back till the weather cooled off some. Hopefully they got that AC fixed.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We eat here once every few weeks and love it. The burgers are big and juicy. The quesadillas are great also. This is my favorite burger joint.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I get the bacon cheese burger and hubby gets the chili cheese burger. They are served piping hot and so flavorful! Get the burger baskets for only $2 more. It includes the burger, french fries or onion rings or half and half and a drink. sooo yummy! I highly recommend. They also have an awesome kids menu.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not all Burger Island's are created equal. With that said this one is a "good" one. Hamburgers are huge and portions are more than adequate. Hubby loves the big burgers and kiddos the grilled cheese sandwiches. Fries, tots and onion rings are yummy. Friendly staff is like a box of chocolate, never know what you are going to get. We have a few faves but some seem to be carrying a chip on their shoulder. Owners are always friendly and seem glad we came by.
Only down note is that the once HUGE portions seems to be shrinking :( and the fixings seem to be less on the burgers. Hope our family doesn't loose our burger joint. This is one of the few places in Rowlett, Texas that serves decent food.