“Great place to get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn on the Creek

Inn on the Creek
Ranked #1 of 12 Salado B&B and Inns
“Great place to get away”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a short getaway for our anniversary. Service was great and Will was helpful in getting flowers calling the day of arrival and changing dinner reservations for us at the last minute. We really enjoy the back porch and just taking time to walk by the creek and relax.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My bf and I recently stayed here for an evening and we're overwhelmed with how wonderful the service was. The innkeeper went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful stay! The room was beautiful and was a pleasant escape from the outside Texas heat. The restaurant was excellent, a very romantic environment, as well as breakfast the following morning; phenomenal food and service for a reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone seeking an overnight escape from Austin life with exquisite hospitality and service!

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I just happened to find this place online and booked a night for a wedding. Boy, do we wish we were staying more than one night! Gourmet food and linens, a morning call at 9:15 to let us know our French toast was awaiting us at our own table. The porches, creek, and atmosphere in general were amazing. Thank you, Will and Chris, we shall return!

• Stayed August 2014
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed two nights in the Baines Room, an upstairs king room with shower bathroom. It was a lovely stay. Will and Chris are exceptional hosts. They tend to every detail. We enjoyed early morning walks by the creek just steps away from the Inn. We ate lunch at the Shed and dinner at the chef's special monthly dinner. The breakfasts were delicious. Although the Inn is not on the main strip of shops and cafes, it is well worth the very short distance to stay here. It is so peaceful and you seems so removed from the interstate and main town area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Bed and breakfast places are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates -- you never know what you're going to get. But that's the beauty of them. They are all quirky representations of their owners and towns.

Tucked just off I-35 in Central Texas is Salado, an artsy town. My wife and I just made a repeat stay at the Inn on the Creek. The houses -- more than one -- and rooms have that turn-of-century look. The rooms all have names -- we stayed in the Willingham -- and are quaint but spacious. The inn has a restaurant, Alexander's Distillery, and serves a terrific one-seating breakfast at 9am and an outstanding dinner.

My wife and I are early risers, so we treated the inn's breakfast as hobbit-style, you know, second breakfast. The dinner comes in two styles, prix fixe 4-course for $60 per person or ala carte. For us, ala carte was the way to go.

The inn and restaurant are hopping on Friday and Saturday. We dined on Thursday when it was quiet. Our waiter, Christian, was engaging and gave top-notch service.

Bed and breakfast's aren't for everyone. But, if that's your thing and you are close to Salado (we live about 2.5 hours away), the Inn on the Creek is worth the trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Will was the perfect host from booking through check out. Dinner at Alexander's was excellent and our breakfast was amazing! My goal was a relaxing getaway and that is what we got! Stayed on the 3rd floor and what a great experience! Thanks so much!!

• Stayed July 2014
Forney, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This a must have experience! The Inn is amazing! I felt like I was in heaven! Between the charming rooms, jazz on the patio, delightful breakfast, super restaurant and the fabulous staff my family almost didn't get me to leave! The owners are fantastic! The perfect get away! I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!