“Best beef jerky I've ever had”
Review of Robertson's Hams

Robertson's Hams
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Every time I drive through this area, I have to stop for beef jerky; I haven't found any that's better. I didn't stop one time, and I got in trouble with the kids.

They have various meats, cheeses and other homemade condiments and locally made foods. They only have 6 sandwiches to choose from, but they are made from their meats and are very good.

If you are in this area, make sure you stop in and pick up some beef jerky to snack on!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Drawn in by the advertising on the billboards along I35 we stopped for ham sandwiches and were not disappointed. Don't think you can actually call this a restaurant, as it is primarily a meat shop that fixes sandwiches to go. A very limited, but delicious menu - a ham and smoked turkey sandwiches for $6.83. It was a nice day, so we were able to go out to the tables on a side porch surrounded by plants and various antiques - otherwise, you take your sandwich and eat in the car/truck, which a lot of people were doing. The line was fairly long, but service fast. They feature homemade beef jerky, smoked sausage and turkey, and other choices....Robertson's are located in OK and TX and also order on line. Wish they were along the interstates in other parts of the country for great alternatives to the "usual".

Reviewed 30 June 2013

They make these dried sausage sticks with cheese and jalapenos, i think their called survivor sticks. You have to try them, you won't be disapointed. They also have great, real ham sandwiches and a plethora of unique condiments to try. Making a pit-stop while traveling through this area is a must.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Strictly speaking, Robertson's is not a restaurant. But the large billboards along the interstate drew us in for a light lunch. We were not disappointed.

The menu consists mainly of sandwiches prepared from Robertson's smoked meat products. My wife and I both chose the Country Boy sandwich. It consists of generous portions of sliced ham and sausage on a hoagie bun. To go along with the sandwich we opted for bags of chips and drinks from the fountain. There is a condiment station arranged on an old butcer block, where you can add your choice of mayonnaise, mustards, barbecue sauces, etc.

Dining is very, very casual. There is an outdoor patio off the main room, as well as benches out front.

We found the sandwich to be quite tasty and the value for the money was excellent. The workers were efficient and pleasant to deal with, which is always a plus. Is Robertson's a 5-star dining experience? No, but if you're southbound on I-35 near Salado, it's a easy stop for a delicious, light meal. I'll definitely stop there again.

1  Thank Alan B

Been to Robertson's Hams? Share your experiences!