“THE BEST HOTEL EVER!”

Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Salado, Texas on several occasions. The hotel is inviting and has plenty of parking. The staff were wonderful and very helpful with places to eat and shop. The rooms are always very clean and have everything you would want or need. The breakfast is free and has everything you could ever want. I love this hotel also because I can bring my pet with no problems. I highly suggest you stay at this hotel when in Central Texas. I know I will be back soon!

Room Tip: I have stayed in several of the rooms and they are all wonderful
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed here since we could not find 2 beds in 2 rooms at the B&B's in town. ( there may have been one that had that but a wedding was holding those rooms.)
Anyway the 4 cousins got 2 rooms next to each other and had a perfectly good time.
Everything was in order. Sat by the pool. Very pretty.
Friendly people at desk.
We got a rate that was good calling the hotel directly.

They take pets. We will do a famiy reunion here next year.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly before placing reservation on internet. We got a better rate from the hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Salado TX while visiting friends in the area. As we are Australian and not confident about the road rules (four way stop signs, what's that about) we were carless. There is no food other than vending machines available after breakfast finished at 9am. I would have thought they could have supplies take away menus or some such. We walked down I35 to find food, this is not a good idea.
The hotel itself wasn't too bad, beds OK, staff OK (unless you want hot water to make tea) beds reasonable comfortable. All in all, just OK.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran D
Reviewed 6 October 2011

One never expects to stay in a hotel without hot water in 2011 in the largest economy in the world but the overwhelming memory of my stay in the Holiday Inn Salado. Is a cold shower followed by a terrible lack of management response. We were booked in to a room which had not had hot water for 2 days previous without it being drawn to our attention. The room was fine but we were unable to shower in the morning. We phoned down to reception and were told there was a breaker problem. Over breakfast a group of guests including myself decided to approach reception with a view to speaking to management about our complaints (ALL about the COLD water). We made our views felt to the receptionist and during our complaining a manager, Sonny, called the receptionist we were speaking to. We asked to speak to him but he refused. On check out we left an E-mail address with another receptionist so the management could contact us. We were assured they would. Some 7 days later they have not. Only 2 things wrong with this hotel:
Cold water; and
Management who have not got a clue about how to handle customer complaints and who are too cowardly to speak to complainants face to face.

Room Tip: Try the hot water before paying.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Darlene R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

I am so sorry for your inconvenience and discomfort during you stay at our hotel. We truly regret your difficult experience. For some reason beyond our control, the electric company was working on the power and we lost one leg of our phase 3 electrical power which caused our water heaters to be without power, thus leaving us with no hot water at the hotel. Please know that we took that very seriously and were expressing the urgency of the situation to the power company in an attempt to expedite the repairs. Please give us another try when you are in our area. I am sure you will have a better experience. I hope the remainder of your trip was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We have stayed here several times in the past and had wonderful experiences. But this was something else again, We arrived about 5pm Friday night. The water pressure was so low you could not take a shower. It just kind of dribbled. There was no hot water at all. The problem was reported that night by several guests. Maintenance was not called until after six pm on Saturday evening. The problem continued into Sunday morning. Guests were told the breaker went out because too many people were trying to take shower. On top of that,the lady that cleaned our room stopped midway through. The complimentary breakfast was way past its' sell by date. The pool was filthy, and the keys didn't work correctly. When guests asked to speak to Sunny the owner, he reused to talk to anyone on the phone, refused to give us his number, and refused to come to the hotel. It was very upsetting. I'm not sure I want to stay here again

Room Tip: Whenyou make a reservation, make sure they have hot and cold running water.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophia_st_claire

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly apologize for your difficult experience and that it was not handled more appropriately. What actually happened was that for some reason one leg of our three phase electrical power was knocked out causing us to lose power to the water heater. We were expressing the urgency of the situation to the power company, but the repair was not a quick process. Please come and see us again. We truly hope that was a once in a lifetime experience for you and for our location. It has never happened before and has not happened since. We sincerely value you as our guest, and would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you for your honest review.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I travel frequently and stay at this hotel as it is very nice, clean, and comfortable. I recently called the hotel directly to check availability and was asked what type of room I wanted. I said smoke free and a great air conditioner! Jennifer Marburger took my reservation and actually set the air conditioner in my room so that it would be cool when I arrived. No one has ever taken the initiative like Jennifer did! I will definitely route my business plans where I can stay at the Holiday Inn Express Salado!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I was very impressed by this hotel. It's only a few years old and you can definitely tell it's new. The lobby was beautifully decorated and the rooms were very clean and quiet. We only stayed one night so we did not use the pool. We had a view of it from our room though and it looked really nice. The staff was polite and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Days Inn Salado
Holiday Inn Temple- Belton
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton? Share your experiences!