“Nice and Friendly place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Five couples in our car club planned a trip to salado the weekend of July 11th and we chose holiday inn instead of a b&b. the rooms are large and beds very comfortable. They have a wonderful breakfast each morning which is fresh, warm and the girls who prepare the breakfast are very attentive to keeping the food replenished and kept the serving area very clean as well as being attentive to the guests needs. I found all the employees to be very friendly and helpful. Holly and Linda helped us the most since they were on duty. Holly is so sweet and went above and beyond to make our stay very enjoyable. She always had a smile on her face. Linda was very helpful and went above and beyond as well. I worked with Linda on making the reservations for us and she was very accomodating and when we all checked in it was a smooth process. We ate dinner in the coffee room one evening and she got it all ready for us with plates, napkins and turning the lights on. We would definitely stay at this holiday inn again. This hotel has a wonderful staff and other hotels could learn something from them.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank kristin60
HIESalado, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

kristin60-

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! So nice to hear how wonderful your stay was, and how accommodating the staff was to your group. We hope that you, and the rest of the car club, will come stay again the next time you are traveling to the Salado area. Thank you again for your kind review and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express located just north of the historic town of Salado. There is quite a bit of road construction in the area, but getting to the hotel did not present any problems. One word of warning, however. Part of the access road is two-way, which is a surprise if you aren’t expecting to meet a car coming from the opposite direction or exiting the Interstate.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I asked for a low floor away from pets and the manager put us at the end of a wing that did not have any pet accommodations. Great!

Breakfast was the usual HIE fare, but the dining was pleasant and the food was hot and plentiful.

This is a convenient, friendly, and reliably the same place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dixie M
HIESalado, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dixie M-

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this four star review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to be a reliable place to stay for all guests traveling through Salado, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come stay again the next time you are visiting our historic town! Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was staying at the Holiday Inn Salado when the hotel was literally full of high school students last month. Apparently they just had new WiFi put in and with the hotel totally full I was getting 10MB and higher speeds on Ookla, its almost better than back home in OC. (and every kid and teacher was running around with an iPhone or iPad.)
The staff is awesome, very attentive and great free, hot breakfast! The room was totally clean and very comfortable bed and I didn't hear the kids unless i went in the hall.

Room Tip: end of the hall over the breakfast area always works for me and is close to the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OC-RaiderFan
HIESalado, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

OC-ChargersFan-
Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review! We are very excited about our new WiFi upgrades, and were very pleased to hear about your fast speeds and connection! Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff and deluxe breakfast buffet! Your review has made our day! Please come stay with us again when visiting our area! Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened due to working in the area. It is one I would still recommend in the area if you want hotel amenities but it's also time for a refresher.

Pros
The people at the front desk have always been friendly and attentive when I have checked in or asked for anything. While they can't resolve every issue, I always feel like they are there willing to help their customers.
The hotel is kept clean. I have been in customer service for 20+ years so I'm always looking for things to pick at and cleanliness isn't one of them. I appreciate their dedication to this area.
The beds and pillows are generally comfortable.
The breakfast is what you would expect from a mid-range hotel but what makes it nice is the attentiveness of the ladies preparing and serving breakfast. If you need anything all you have to do is ask and they try to accommodate you.

Cons
Most of these are irritating nuisances and no reason to stay somewhere else...
The internet in some rooms is very slow. In my most recent stay I felt like I was on a 9600 baud modem at times. The lady at the desk told me they were upgrading the next day but it wasn't any better the next night.
The prices went up $20 a night in two weeks. I understand prices can't always stay the same but when I stay somewhere every few weeks, I don't expect them to spike up that fast. Again, irritating but I understand I'm not the one paying the bills.
Many of the electrical outlets do not work in rooms or will not hold the electrical plug or "brick" for my Mac. One time I put a trash can with a coffee cup lid under the plug to keep it in place.
Some of the room furniture is beginning to look worn. Not bad, just worn. I'd feel better about paying more if I knew I was on new furniture. Just a thought.
The vending machines have one price but charge another. Yes, this is very minor and I don't need to be eating out of vending machines anyway but when I see the price is $1 and head back down to the machine later and it's $1.25, the long walk to the other end of the hallway without whatever I didn't need to eat is irritating.

It's still a good place to stay if you want to be in Salado. There are good hotels within 20 miles but this one is still nice and the people make it a place I will return to stay.

Room Tip: The pool area is pretty and opposite the highway so you get a good view and a little less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear 108stiches,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We're pleased you experienced our award winning service and hospitality. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the quality of products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Our group was in Salado for a meeting. Holiday Inn Express Salado set aside a block of rooms for us. Although there had been unusual ice and snow the night before and the hotel had been filled with unexpected guests who checked out late due to road conditions, when we arrived to check in our room was clean and ready for us. We had a nice size room with two comfortable queen beds, a refrigerator, good bathroom, and a super continental breakfast. The staff was wonderful. This hotel will definitely be a future choice when in Salado.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bennie00
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Whenever we are in this area, this is our "Home"! The staff is great, the rooms are always clean. We get the room area we request every-single-time! That's how much we like staying here!! We have brought our children and grandchildren to this hotel and have never had a bad stay. When we have had a problem it has been taken care of in quick time by understanding and kind staff members! We believe they like their jobs and it makes us want to return, over and over!!

Room Tip: We've stayed on every floor, been swimming in the pool, camped out in the cabanas - there isn...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rzip627
HIESalado, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a great review! We are very pleased that you feel like our hotel is your home away from home in Salado. Our staff takes a lot of pride in catering to the needs of our guests and their families, so it is nice to hear how happy you have been with your services here. We hope that you will continue to bring your kids and grandkids to visit us for many more years to come while in the area. Thank you again for a five star review.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was really pleased with this hotel because it was so comfortable and nice. It had a nice flat screen tv with a good sized bathroom, king size bed, refrigerator, and desk as well as soft chairs. It also has a small pool which I loved! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a king size bed, its worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Days Inn Salado
Holiday Inn Temple- Belton
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton? Share your experiences!