“Outdated Property”

Stagecoach Inn Motel & Conference Center
Stagecoach Inn Motel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a non-smoking king sized room that had lots of room, but we didn't enjoy our stay. The room had a pungent stale smell that was awful so we left all doors open and tried to air it out )(which didn't really help). The bed was so hard it was almost like sleeping on the floor. The furnishings were not in bad shape, but very outdated. We had a first floor room with a sliding glass door opening onto a small patio. The door bearings were in bad shape and made it very difficult to even open the door. It would have been a great location since the patio was only a few steps from the hot tub/spa, but it wasn't working properly. They could not get it to heat over 93 degrees all day! The only nice thing about the room was that our A/C worked great. The couple next door said their A/C quit working all together! I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2014

this place is very clean and quiet. Not a lot of things to do on site but a very pretty town. Either bring your hiking shoes or plan on driving because this place is as far from downtown as you can get. Use expedia or other sites to get the discount because they are proud of their rooms and price on the high side. It's a good 80 to 100 place but definately not a 130 -150 place like they charge.

Room Tip: check all available in town use this place as last resort
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This is an older motel but a great location. Enjoy the safe location and nearby shops. The on site cafe is nice and the parking is ample fir your visit. You can't beat the rate and the views are very nice. Nice walking here to town and so much beauty in town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were joined by our friends from Tokyo, Japan. The overall experience was very good for all of us. My parents live in Salado so much of our time was spent with them in their home. Our time at the Inn was totally enjoyable.

Room Tip: the pool side rooms had wireless internet and were quite roomy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I called the hotel the day of my stay to see if I could cancel because no place top drop off my dog. She said we have pet friendly rooms available. Its hard to even visualize how old the furnishing were. The room was clean but moldy smelling. Tiny tiny room old yellowed mattresses. I was afraid to even get near the bedspread. We left the poor dog in there for a few hours and came back packed and decided to go back home. We went by the office and told them the room was completely unacceptable ,they were polite and said they would cancel my transaction. I have not seen anything verifying that yet but hoping that they will. This could be the nicest quaint getaway, but seems content to let the place go downhill.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has been remodeled or not, if it hasnt stay at the holiday inn.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billfromboerne
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Not the best but nothing really wrong with it. Room was very quiet and air conditioning was cold - nice during the 105 degree weather. Appeared to have a new flat panel television. No closet, just a rack by the bathroom sink - but no hangars! Lots of towels - increasingly rare quality these days. The website where I found the room indicated free wifi but there was no signal in my room. There are a lot of beautiful trees on the property, I think they could play up the landscape features and really create a unique setting. Don't mind the construction along Interstate 35 right now, just enter from the road along the backside. Not much noise considering the Interstate traffic and construction.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have been visiting the Inn since I was a child and have always had great experiences. This past weekend, however, I was very disappointed with our visit. Our room was in desparate need of upgrading...ripped carpet, musty smell, etc. We were near the jacuzzi, and even the area around that looked a bit neglected. The dinig rom was also highly disappointing. It's been excellent in the past, but this time we received bad service, a hair in our food, only available drinks being tea, Dr. Pepper or water, the bill was mixed up with the neighboring table. Even the food itself was not up to its usual standard. My steak was overcooked, the fruit salad would have had no flavor without the dressing, and the twice-baked potato was bland and barely warm, not hot and fresh. I was a little embarrassed that I had raved so much about Stagecoach to my friends who were travelling with us and had never stayed or eaten there before. The next time we're in Salad, we sadly may have to stay at one of the newer hotels unless Stagecoach does a lot of upgrading.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends