“Find another hotel....”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Dallas
“Find another hotel....”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed there this past July, hotel was undergoing some rennovations, I understand this can happen from time to time, but when you can smell industrial glue (or whatever it was) in the hallways and your room, that's bad, and I'm talking a very strong odor. Also, the air conditioner was very WEAK, barely kept the room cool. Staff service was ok but for one individual on the evening shift. She was very rude, uncaring, never smiled and always acted as though you were inconvenienting her even if you asked for a wake up call. Bad customer attitude, if she worked for me, I'd can her in a heartbeat. No DOUBT, the worst Hilton chain hotel I've stayed at this year. And I'm a diamond member. BTW, my colleages felt the same as I did, they called it a dump.

Room Tip: you can get a room facing west and get a view of the IHOP dumpster, or get one facing east and view...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank larry a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
pabloveri
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Being a small town, San Angelo does not have a lot to offer in terms of hotels. So, your best bet will be the Hampton Inn. Its easy access to the airport, the malls and alot of restaurants, including a IHOP which sis right across from the hotel. The hotel itslef has a pool, a gym and dining room that provides a decent selection of breakfast items in the morning. The staff is polite and the lady who runs the breakfast station is very attentive to your needs. One morning she noticed what I had eaten and ever since then, for the entire time I was there, she would get me those same items without me asking. For the time I was there the hotel was quiet and not much disturbance and the setting it nice with no strange smells or shady people loistering in the hotel or the immediate vicinity. I would say this is a good bet if you are looking for a hotel to stay in San Angelo

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Good location, average breakfast. Room was nicely updated but AC was noisy.

Met expectations but breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed August 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2011

So to be honest, this was not a place I wanted to stay per the last few comments. However when we arrived at my choice, Holiday Inn Express, it was booked. Kudos to them as they called around and found an opening at Hampton. It was a busy weekend and we were lucky to get a room...
I was so surprised and relieved when we arrived to find out that the staff were very helpful and kind. This was especially wonderful as we had been driving all week on vacation and were wiped out! Then on top of it, the hotel has been remodeled and the rooms were beautiful! We also used the clean pool and spa- thumbs up again and the kids had a blast after driving for hours!
The next day we went down for breakfast and they were fully stocked! Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits n gravy, waffles, yogurt, fruit, pastries, juice, coffees, etc.... We couldn't have asked for more. Then Betsy, the hostess, made sure we knew where everything was located. And finally, the cherry on top of the sundae- Betsy comes us and gives me a little bag she put together w/ snacks for the boys, for the road! What??? Who does that??? Someone wanting my business that's who!
Anyway, give them a try and have an awesome experience! We did and I even told the manager and she told me they had been working on customer service! Yeah for them... and us!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Momoftwo711
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I am torn on this review because we are Honor reward customers and my husband travels a lot and usually stays in a Hampton hotel or one of the Hilton properties and we have always had a good experience. So when we had to book a room in San Angelo I booked the Hampton without a second thought. Upon arriving it was nice on the outside and entering the lobby though cramped and small it was updated to the usual Hampton style. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, and accommodating, the hotel was very clean and the indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and well maintained. But then we got to our room, though clean with the Hampton Inn white down comforter and sheets that is where the Hampton Inn quality ended. The room was small and outdated with early 90 style wood furniture, a big box T.V., and a small refrigerator crammed up against the wall right next to the bed, obviously an old hotel turned into an Hampton. The A/C unit in the wall made an awful racket causing me to have to put a pillow over my head just so I could sleep through the noise. The A/C unit must of been bottom of the line because it didn't even have a ON option so that when the compressor kicked off the fan would still run drowning out the usual hotel noise which is a must for me. You had the option of heating, cooling, or running the fan but not together. And forget about the usual thermostat on the wall, this late 90's room didn't offer that. We were not impressed at all and actually thought about leaving when the A/C started the horrible racket. But it was late and the kids were tired so we decided we would just let our dissatisfaction known in the morning. However the staff was so nice we couldn't bring ourselves to complain, so I leave you with this review so you can make your own decision. For the price I honestly would not stay there again but would stay at the new Holiday Inn up the road. However the service was outstanding and it was very clean which are both very important to me and would consider staying there for just those very two reasons if we had too. Hope this review helps you and maybe someday soon they will update their rooms to match the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I think the hotel was overpriced for a standard room (over $130). This was a senior citizen price. I've stayed at Hampton Inns on the beach in California that were priced less! It was just a typical hotel room. One thing missing that I should have asked for when I registered--there is no laundry facilities and that was a big deal that particular night. Breakfast was plentiful, but the usual offerings of Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I know there are many things a hotel has no control of, such as noisey children in the room above me. Heck, I wasn't even that upset by the dead cockroach in the bathroom; it's Texas in the summer, I just assume that one or two would live thru their extermination attempts. But then ther are the issues within the hotels control- namely, the decision to steam clean the carpets during one of the most humid weeks of the year. At 10:00pm. Directly in front of my room. I requested a room change, and thankfully the manager accommidated me. The hallway carpets were soaking wet. The new room *also* had wet carpet. When I unpacked my suitcase the next evening , my clothes were still damp from the excessive humidity in my room.

Nobody spoke to me whenI left the property- not even a "Thanks" or "How was your stay?" I am a very loyal Hilton Diamond member, but I think I'll be staying at one of the Marriott properties for my next trip to San Angelo.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business