“Too expensive for the simple quality”

Ramada Limited San Angelo
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Hamburg, Germany
“Too expensive for the simple quality”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

It is an average motel - I thought the room was ok but one of my friends was less comfortable with it. The beds are comfortable and nothing is actually dirty, but it feels worn. Still, our room with 2 queen beds was spacious. The breakfast is nothing special. Would have given it a 3-star rating if not for the price. However, San Angelo is expensive everywhere you go (oil...) so from that perspective the Ramada is a good bet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here as a last resort however I should have considered the local jail as I likely would've had a better experience. Flies everywhere, hugh carpet stains, bugs in the bathtub! Just awful. The front desk failed to give me my wake up call and after discussing the blood stain on the shower curtain they still seemed unconcerned. I will never stay in another Ramada ever again.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My daughter, who is stationed in the Air Force, just flew into town from Hawaii today. She had been traveling 17 hours before she got to the hotel. She was put up at this hotel by the Air Force. I was very concerned when I read the reviews on TripAdvisor. I also read the reviews from other review sites and noticed a huge difference. Some said great, some said awful.

She just called me crying about the room. She said it was terrible. She said the door wouldn't close all the way. There was a huge gap and light coming through. I advised her to go to the front desk and try to get another room. She was told there were no other rooms.

She did not feel safe here. She was scheduled to stay 3 weeks during training. She called her command from the room (she didn't even unpack) and tried to get help finding another room. Most hotels were sold out in the area. She also was required to stay at her per diem rate.

I called around and found her another hotel room. She went down to the front desk to tell them she was not staying. They were very unhappy with her, but they refused to give her money back for the night. Here it is not even 4pm, she just got there and because she was in the room they are going to charge her for the first night. So she is stuck paying for the room out of her own pocket. She said the guy at the front desk was rude.

She said it was the worst hotel she had ever stayed at. I asked her to send me a photo of the door, which I am attaching to the review. She doesn't have resources to do a review for another 3 weeks but I wanted to post this so others could be aware. Especially military members in the area. Just avoid this place at all costs. I booked her at the Rodeway Inn down the road instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business