“Worst experience of my life.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would highly recommend anyone wanting to stay here to reconsider their decision. While we stayed here management, maintenance, & all staff were very unprofessional. Our privacy was invaded multiple times, and the maintenance man had the guts to speak to us as if we were children. The room was never cleaned, & staff would just walk into our room without even giving us time to answer the door. I did not feel safe whatsoever, & I would never stay here or recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Jordyf1

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and her elderly mother traveled to San Angelo for family purposes. Due to my mother-in-law's ailing health, my wife did an extensive search to find a hotel that would provide them easy access to the front desk and dining area. My wife spoke with a representative at the Rodeway Inn in San Angelo and was assured that these supports would be provided. When they arrived they were in a completely separate building from the front desk and dining area. When I called Comfort Hotels to register a complaint I was told to call the Rodeway Inn in San Angelo. When I called them I was told that I would have to speak with a general manager. When I said that I would call the general manager the next day I was told that there was "no good time to reach him" and that I would have to send an email. I then called Comfort Hotels back, filed and complaint and am letting you all know that we will never do business with Rodeway Inn again. If you say that you will accommodate the handicapped then do so. If not, don't say that you will.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MattTeegarden
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Mr. Teegarden,
I am in receipt of your guest complaint to Choice Hotels. I have looked at you stay information and have found that your reservation was for HNK1 room type. This room type is a handicap room and all of our handicap rooms are located in the Building 3/4. Being an exterior corridor hotel with no elevator all of the handicap rooms are on the back side of the 300 on the parking lot side of the building. Therefore, getting you any closer to the restaurant, which is located on the front side of the property, is not possible due to the room type you had booked. I apologize that you feel that we did not try to accommodate your request.
We at the Rodeway Inn strive to deliver the best possible lodging experience to all of our guest.

Regrards,
Robert J Banskter, Sr., CHA

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This recently remodeled motel is nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. It's just off of the highway with a couple of restaurants within walking distance. The TV was not updated and needs to be replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the property away from the highway
Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerJay630

TravelerJay630,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. We thank you for the positive review that you left. My staff and I Strive to deliver the best possible lodging experience to all of our guest.

We hope to see you on your next trip to San Angelo!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here two nights at thanksgiving and were pleased with our stay. The rooms were quiet, clean and the staff was friendly. We tried the breakfast the second morning and enjoyed it. I would stay there again whenever we come back into town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your awesome review of the Rodeway Inn in San Angelo. We strive to deliver the best lodging experience to all of our guest. I have shared your feed back with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This didn't feel like a Rodeway Inn. Great staff (Martha at the front desk was awesome), NICELY updated rooms, clean, convenient. Hotels are a bit more expensive in this area, but I didn't mind paying the price to stay here. 10 steps above every other Rodeway Inn I've stayed in.

Room Tip: You have a couple of options when booking the rooms...Chose an updated room and pay the extra few...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your awesome review. We strive to deliver the best lodging experience to all of our guest. I will share your kind word with my staff for it will make their day. We look forward to seeing you in the near future

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed there last night. The room was clean & comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly. Couldn't ask for anything more for the price. The HI & HIX both want $269 for a Monday night. This room was just as nice and less than half the price.

Stayed: December 2013
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

I like to thank you on behalf of my staff for the wonderful review about your stay. We work hard to deliver the best possible lodging experience to all of our guest. We are pleased that you enjoy your stay with us and look forward to serving you again on your next 5 to San Angelo.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights and always received a friendly greeting when we came for breakfast - waffles, eggs, yogurt, juice, milk, cereals, etc. Room was clean, no offensive smell, very good condition.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlyn N

Thank you for the awesome review. We strive to deliver the best possible lodging experience to all of our guest. I will share your kind word with my staff for this will make their day. We look forward to seeing you again.