“Average at best”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

After a local recommendation to go to Twin Mountain Steakhouse we set off to have a good steak. I was told they use a lot of garlic which I love so it's sounded good. After reading other reviews.. I was not so excited. From the outside the build looks like normally something you would see and keep on driving.. Inside lobby we where greeted promptly and seated within a few minutes. The dining area had a smell I couldn't place and was older decor , that's fine but the smell not sure what it was but it wasn't a good one. Service was prompt and friendly .. But my sirloin steak came out in two separate pieces instead of one steak which is always a turn off .. The steak itself was average at best with no garlic taste. The food was hot , and the "loaded" baked potato didn't have sour creme or butter.. Kinda disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Twin Mountains

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I admit, I haven't stayed loyal to this San Angelo steak house. About 15 years ago, it was one of my favorites but lost consistency in food preparation in the transition to new ownership years ago. After several attempts to like it, I gave up and had not darkened the doors in at least 5 years.But my husband and I decided to try it again a few weeks ago and I'm delighted to announce that Twin Mountain Steak House has redeamed itself. The steak tenders, cooked to med-rare perfection, were as good as my husband and I had ever eaten ANYwhere. Although the onion rings were WAY overcooked, the steaks made up for it. And the parmesan-black pepper salad dressing was as good as I had remembered.

Only other disappointment other than the onion rings? The old dark 'bar' side is sorely missed. Used to love the dark ambiance it offered. If you'd just turn down those lights, we'd return a lot more often!

1  Thank Ava H
Reviewed 28 May 2013

great family evening. we had their signature 'scraps' (tenderloin pieces) and they were delicious. onion rings, sides and bar were all very good. service outstanding.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We were in the mood for chicken fried steak Twin Mountain usually has a line out the door but we wanted to try it out. We showed up and was excited to see no line but still had to sit in the empty lobby with my family for an hour. We were finally seated ordered onion rings with our drinks. The waitress brought us our drinks the left before we could oreder our food. After 15min she came back took our order. She brought us our salad which was good then onion rings which were good and said we would have to wait for bread. After 15 min she brought us 4 pieces of bread for 5 people then disaappeared again. We got no drink refills and could not find our waitress. After being seated for and hour we still had not got our food so we got up and walked out we complained but staff did not seem to care. We got free onion rings and tea out of it but ende up having to eat Wendys so we could get kids in bed. The place looks run down and dark old fashion decor.

2  Thank Deavour94
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The steaks are very good, the fish platter was very good and the surroundings are casual and relaxing. Service is good and the have Italian food on the menu.