“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I've stayed at this facility three times now, simply for the clean rooms and great service. Doriee and her staff really care about the client. It shows in the cleanliness and hospitality. I stay in hotels for 200 days a year, yes another Landman, and have high expectations. I use TripAdvisor before I go to any new city.
Take it from me you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Smallest room of all hotels during this 22 day trip. Bathroom extremely small. Breakfast was mediocre. Shower curtain beginning to mold. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank teebee777
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Microtel in San Angelo on the first night of a week-long vacation. The location is very easy to get to (located right along a highway), in an area that looks very safe. It was very quiet, and the bed was very comfortable, and we slept quite well. As mentioned in some other reviews, the rooms are small, perhaps half the size of many other hotel rooms I have stayed in. Yet in spite of the compact size, the room contained all the essentials. The designers of the room did not waste a square inch. There was a flat-screen TB, a microwave and refrigerator, an iron and ironing board, a hair dryer in the bathroom, a coffee maker, a desk area with a chair and free Wi-Fi access, some rod space, and a couple of drawers. There was a sort of shelf with cushions just under the windowsill. We placed our suitcases there as there was very little other place to put them. The breakfast in the morning was typical for this class of hotel. There was also a free guest laundry, which impressed me as being a nice perk, as usually they are coin operated. Everything looked very clean and well-maintained. About the only things missing were recreational facilities, as there was no pool and no exercise room. All in all, it was a great value for the price, and if you don't require a palatial suite for your stay, by all means consider the Microtel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GulfCoastGirl517
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed June 24-25, 2011

Wasn't sure on what to expect from this hotel as I had never been in this chain, but all the reviews read great online, especially compared to the other hotels in San Angelo. The price was inexpensive especially since you get a complimentary breakfast.

I'm very particular about where I stay, because i have been to horrible hotels before but it was such a blessing to stay here. Our room was on the 3rd floor, 2 double beds and was just amazing! The rooms were very clean and elegant, the beds/pillows were to die for. My friend kept saying "i wonder what brand of pillows these are, I want to buy them." lol it was funny, but I'm not joking, the bed was so comfy-guessing a pillowtop mattress! we slept like babies! I thought the hotel was going to be crowded as there was 2 big events going on that weekend, but we didn't see the crowd until the early morning or evening (guess everyone was up early to get going and then coming in late after the events were done).

The Continental Breakfast was good, they had bagels, muffins, 3 types of cereal, toast, waffles, coffee, milk, orange & apple juice. I will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN! I loved it!

The only small compliant I had was with the staff, they were very nice but when we checked in they didn't give the usual "hotel run-down" like "you room is on the _ floor, breakfast is at __ time, and check out time is __" but they did assist us very promptly when we needed it. thanks. :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank raelene711
Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is just your basic hotel. The room and hotel was clean and the staff was helpful. The room was a bit small and the free continental breakfast was not much to talk about.
Just an average hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Little_Traveler_TX
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Having read previous reviews, I tried other places before Microtel when passing through San Angelo, but everything was booked or did not have an accessible room. We found the staff accommodating, helpful and the room small but well appointed and clean.

Some plusses: Although the hotel was busy and the area noisy, the rooms were very quiet; laundry facilites and nice lounge area for guests to use (a plus since rooms are very small.

On the down side: Micro means small rooms, but also means they only provide the basics, i.e., only; shampoo (not conditioner or lotion). But, we also had a problem getting an accessible room. We requested it and were told we were given it, but our room was not accessible. Since we arrived late and it was a hassle to relocate someone with mobility limitations, we did not ask to be moved.

Aside from these issues, we were pleased and felt is was a good value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Craftylady23
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I was scheduled to stay at the Microtel in San Angelo. Someone else booked my reservations online and checked the box where it indicated that I needed a handicap room. When we go there the desk receptionsist told us that there were no handicap rooms available. She was very rude and unwilling to make other arrangements. Microtel had given my handicap room to a non-disabled person. I will never stay at Microtel and will spread the word! Their staff is unkind to people who are disabled and give out handicap rooms to non-disabled people just so they can make a buck!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank wadester72
Kitty00411, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
We very much appreciate all of our guests and are more than willing to accomodate any need they may have. All requests for assessible rooms are honored when the reservation directly specifies the need for that particular room type; and those rooms are sold last. The before mentioned night our hotel was sold out with all accessible rooms already occupied. Unfortunately the guest was under the assumption that we had given his accessible room to someone not deserving of it and we had made changes to his reservation. This is not true because the reservation was made through a 3rd party channel in which changes or modifications can not be made. The guest was assigned the room type his reservation specified. If we could have made changes and accomodated him, we most definately would have.

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels