Econo Lodge San Angelo
US$61
US$114
US$101
ComfortSuites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham San Angelo(San Angelo)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$131
US$115
Hotels.com
US$101
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2013

While traveling in Texas we had found that most towns had reasonably priced hotels. San Angelo's price on hotels surprised us how high they were. We saw the price of the Econo Lodge and thought it was a name brand, how bad can it be? Wrong thought. Its an older hotel.The town is no longer building and growing in this are (and this town is GROWING!). The parking lot was full of pot holes. The fellow that checked us on looked like he'd heavily invested in piercings and ink. (That's my bias). Had no suggestions where to have a good local type dinner. We went to the room. The parking lot was populated with service trucks for work crews. The door to our room had an interesting bow to it. The upper corner of the metal door was so badly bent in your could see daylight the jam and the door with the door shut. The rug was really badly worn and pretty dirty. Now the TV was a nice LG 32 inch with an original control. Bed was reasonably comfortable. The bathroom fan screached. There was one drinking cup in the room (a styrofoam cup). The wind blew all night and due to the door and the clientele it wasn't restful. All night long we listed to what the rattle of another room's fan. In the morning we discovered why. My husband awakened me with the loving tones of "Since I can't find a toilet plunger we may want to leave now." I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: Run. Don't stay here. Bring your own plunger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKNV
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I am not usually picky about hotels whatsoever, and the first few days at this hotel were not bad. In my situation, I had booked this hotel through an agency for October 11th-October 14th. My husband and I discussed the trip more, and we decided that we could afford me coming earlier. SO, I arrived at the hotel in the afternoon of October 5th. I explained the situation to the gentleman (VERY KIND) that I just needed to add on extra time from the 5th-11th and that I already paid online from the 11th-14th. He understood and made me not worry about the two meshing together. Apparently, that wasn't the case. At about 3:30pm today (October 11th), I went to my room and my room key was no longer active. I went downstairs to figure out the issue and it is the larger, older brunette lady who gave me the WORST attitude. At first, she argued with me that I absolutely DID NOT pay for the 11th-14th. Upon proving her wrong (they ended up finding me in the system), she told me all my stuff was in their office. She actually had the audacity to make fun of my personal belongings (aka sexual toys/items) to her coworker WITHIN PLAIN EARSHOT of myself!!! She made me feel completely uncomfortable by talking about MY personal belongings. She never once apologized for her behavior or attitude, did NOT offer to help me move ANY of my items to a different room AND THEN once again, had the audacity to tell me "My house keeping staff was not very happy about having to clear all your stuff out of your room"...when this was THEIR FAULT in the first place.

All of my perishable food items were put in a plastic bag and left to rot in the heat of their office. To top this all off, they could have gone about the situation a different way had they CALLED MY CELL PHONE...I was 5 minutes away! But they never even tried. Now I feel extremely uncomfortable being at this hotel with the way I have been treated. Oh, and some of my food, water, and my cell phone charger have magically "disappeared".

Never ever ever waste the money on this place. It is absolutely NOT worth it. Stay FAR FAR away.

P.S. Aside from the staff issue, there were multiple nights when a bunch of people "hung out" outside drinking, yelling at each other and blasting their music. What a HORRIBLE nightmare it was trying to sleep through that.

Room Tip: Nothing in this hotel is worth a penny.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here recently after booking online. The staff were friendly enough and the beds were good but the place was so dirty. The room was grimy and hadn't been vacuumed well for a long time. The lift was filthy and the pool was too grimy to swim in. They did say that they had begun renovations but I saw no evidence of that. Lights didn't work in the room and the curtains needed to be re connected to the rail in a couple of places - poor house keeping!

Room Tip: My advice would be to find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Dear Econolodge in San Angelo,

You look like a dump from the outside but I didn't let that fool me! I knew that inside you would be even worse... and I was not disappointed.
Thank you so much for attempting to cover years of cigarette smoke and mildew with a small spritz of air-freshener. That was much appreciated.
Thank you for saving us time! We would have wasted our time showering but were not tempted to do so because, upon inspection, your tubs looked like they hadn't been cleaned since the OJ trial and hot water was nowhere to be found.
Your decor was exquisite! Exposed electrical wires, dead roaches, everything hiding under a layer of thick dirt, an incredibly lumpy stained up mattress covered in a foul smelling equally stained sheet were particularly nice touches that reminded me of all the reasons I decided to get a bachelor's degree in theatre arts and not pursue a career in crack addiction.
The only thing I found disappointing about you was the incredibly chipper and sweet lady at the counter when we checked out. Didn't really fit with the theme.
My favorite thing about you is your ingenuity! Instead of properly sealing your air conditioners or fixing/replacing your exit signs you let duct tape be your sealant and tinfoil be your replacement sign. If you don't want a fire alarm to sound then,by golly, you will duct tape a trash bag around a smoke detector putting many lives at risk... that's sheer determination which is what made this country great. Thank you Econolodge for having the tenacity, courage, and grit to not give in to such demands like "clean towels", and "comfort" or "safety", because if you give in...the terrorists win.

Room Tip: Seriously don't stay here...don't do it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alicia E
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Appearance was ghetto from the minute I drove up. Elevator is outdated, hallway caused concern bc things were run along the ceiling. All the "white" linens looked dirty brown worried so much about bed bugs I laid my own sleeping back on the bed instead of sleeping with their linens.

• Stayed: July 2012