“Over priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge San Angelo
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
“Over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in the same location every time I come to San Angelo, ans never had to pay $100 for the same room. Quite ridiculous, and not worth the $59 I had previously paid, let alone this high price. Definitely will be looking into finding another location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Econo Lodge while I was visiting my son. He was graduating from the Air Force's Fire Fighter Academy. It was "an okay stay", nothing fancy or special. My room was clean when I checked in and I usually don't want housekeeping service but I got it anyway (totally unexpected)! The "continental breakfast" was mediocre at best...prepackaged psalteries, something you can get at the CVS across the street! The juice that come out the juice machine is hot (I usually don't like ice in my OJ) but in order to make it tolerable, I had to add ice. Very close to everything...there's a small mall, close to the mall is Target & Best Buy; the movie theater (nice size) is also close. Decent place to stay if on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

It kind of reminds me of the hotel where Jesse Pinkman was hiding out with that prostitute, Wendy.

Oldest story in the book...I was trying to save money when I booked this place. Hotels in San Angelo are so over-priced. I needed a place that had free Wi-Fi and accepted pets, and this one had the bonus of being almost half the price of the other places in town. And now I see why.

I didn't even want to check into the hotel when we got there. The lobby reeks of cigarettes and general crappiness. The guy at the front desk was super nice though. I watched a bum try to break into the pool area across from the lobby while I was checking in. Awesome!

The hotel room was depressing. I think the worst part was the bathroom. It looked like a breeding ground for staph or something way more exotic. The ceiling above the shower looked like it was going to rain down chunks of drywall on us at any minute. The mold in the grout was starting to evolve into another life form.

Bed was okay. Sheets were clean. The worst problem with the sleep situation for me was the dang curtains. Light was shining me in the eye every time I turned over in the night. I would jolt awake wondering if we were getting raided by Cops. " No officer I am not doing anything illegal! Unless being cheap is a crime?"

Key card had to be re-keyed every. Single. Day. They blamed my cell phone, other credit cards, Walgreens...Staff was nice every single time.

I will leave this hotel to others who want to feel like they are breaking bad.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank xatiayn

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The linens looked like they were washed in mud. The room smelled like it had not been cleaned or deodorized at all. It was sickening. Never stay there again! I stay in Angelo on business and had to stay over for the weekend. I was trying to be thrifty...well you get crap when you want to save.

Room Tip: Never stay with that filthy hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

San Angelo can be pretty expensive considering for the same price I get a brand new room in a Holiday Inn in San Antonio. This hotel is dowtown right which is seeing a bit of a renaissance but also saw many years of neglect. That said it was nice to have a fridge and the room was clean and had all the amenities you could want. I slept like a baby and the mattress was comfortable and our 3rd floor room was quiet. The tv was also new. That said, for the area the price was good and I never felt unsafe. This is a place to sleep only, it is not for vacation, but I am glad I did not spend the extra $80 to stay at one of the newer places, cause face it, it's just not that kind of town. Front desk was very nice and attentive.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anson, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

When arrived front desk clerk was nice but our first room had a smell so switched, not the cleanest. Our door didn't close all the way we had to put chair in front of it. The breakfast was simple nothing good about it and pool was small and really cold. Like I Sid place to sleep but not safe if you have kids.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family