Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Patio Inn(San Angelo)
View Hotel
Motel 6 San Angelo(San Angelo)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Rooms are okay, really need the walls painted, holes filled in, new furniture, but with Best Western, Choice hotels, etc. gouging everyone because of the oil field, this is a good deal for the money. Room was large and roomy. They do offer a pretty decent breakfast. There is an excellent Italian restaurant right next door. Until the oil field leaves town, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Well the rooms are a good size, the outside is fine. But the carpets are filthy and it smells of dust. The bathroom is a joke. U turn the light on and the vent comes on with it very loudly and it rattles like its about to fall out. There are dents and holes in the ceiling and wall. I'm in room 133 by the way. Don't know about other rooms but this one isnt to my liking. The price is cheap though. Guess you get what you pay for. It wouldn't be bad at all if they had it cleaner. I'd much rather smell bleach than dust any day!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hotel got stuck somewhere along the line and it stayed the way it was. Old bedding, damaged furniture, the heating/AC unit was in disrepair and you couldn't even read the dial. They were replacing some of the furniture at the time of our visit so ask for an updated room if you go.

Room Tip: It's near a train track but we didn't hear one while we were there so it may not be a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Located near a high traffic road and railroad, it's quite a noise all the time. When we stayed there was a lot of noise coming from the ventilator shaft, makin it impossible to sleep. This forced us to move to another room in te middle of the night. The next room was occupied by ants.. Combined with strange folks hanging out in the neighborhood, this is a dont-go!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I show pigs and it was a last minute decision to take our stock to the San Angelo Livestock Show. This is a very large show and San Angelo is a smaller town, so as you can expect, there wasn't much availability in the nicer hotels that we would of originally tried to book with. So we checked into the America's Best Value Inn. When getting into town and heading for the barns we passed the area and realized how seedy it looked. It gave off this creepy vibe to me. Kind of a "No Country for Old Men'/Scarface feel. When I finally convinced my parent that this place was creepy, he slightly considered switching, so I called to see what their check out policy was. The phone rang and rang and rang. It was a late night at the barns and we got back around 11-12. I won't go into detail of the explicit language, but I am 90% sure there was a PROSTITUTE in the parking lot. This is where my story gets offensive and my racial-profiling ways are uncovered. As we walk to our room, there is a black guy standing outside our room speaking Spanish into an outdated cell phone. While I only speak a little bit of Spanish I was able to pick out the words dirty cuss words which made it all the more unsettling. Our room appeared clean-ish. The beds were horrifically uncomfortable, and the carpet was pretty sketch. The shower was TINY. And our window curtains wouldn't close, allowing me to view Joe's Italian Restaurant all night, just waiting for a panoramic shot of a Soprano's style shoot out. THIS PLACE IS SCARY, SKETCHY, CREEPY, DO NOT BOOK.

Room Tip: Park on the front side to avoid extra sketchies.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family