“Well...”
Review of Motel 6 San Angelo

Motel 6 San Angelo
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed two nights with connecting rooms, one for us and our three dogs ( which is the only reason we stayed here to begin with) and one for my 90 yr old mother. One room smelled like a child or dog had peed on the bed more than once, and the toilet had a leak. This room had a microwave. Our room adjoining had no microwave and neither room had a mini fridge. No carpet in either room, showers only in both rooms. No water pressure in the showers, but the sink pressure would blast you out. Floors didn't look like they had been swept/mopped lately. Found assorted dirt/sunflower seed on floors. The tvs in both rooms were nice (nicest thing about both rooms were the tvs) as were the employees at the front desk. Bought Internet access for $2.99 for 24 hours and it connected, but then gave me a network error. Never even got on the Internet so front desk refunded my $2.99. Other reviewers have complained about not being able to connect as well. Said newly remodeled...where??? Maybe 10 years ago. Pool was small and old and about the size of four rooms. I would stay here again IF my dogs were with us, otherwise I would stay elsewhere for sure. Price begins at $39.95, but we paid $59.95 for each person. Apparently all motels/hotels in San Angelo charge extra for pets EXCEPT Motel 6, which is a shame because LOTS of people own pets that are potty trained and would bring more business to area motels/hotels, but most of them were not rated well either. Sounds like the Chamber of Commerce in San Angelo needs to be talking to motel/hotel owners about their ratings...just sayin'

Room Tip: Ask for one AWAY from the pool for starters. Motel 6 does not adhere to the times posted for pool u...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen K

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We Stayed here because it was cheap and we have never had any problems with motel 6 before 3/9/12-3/12/12 we didnt have any problems checking in the gave us room 101 we got inside and noticed that there wasnt a min fridge which is weird never stayed in a motel that didnt have one then we notice that there is no bathtub.....there is no way that we can give our daughter a bath in the sink or the shower ......also the mattress was hard as a rock!!!! if you needed to use the WIFI you would have to pay $2.99 per day so we had to go to McDonald's parking lot to use there free wifi ......also they have hardly any tv channels!!! I would not stay here Ever again!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kimberly g
Reviewed 7 January 2012

DATE OF STAY: 12-27-2011 Wild party motel which allows for NO SLEEP due to noise & people knocking on the doors, including ours. Hooded man approached vehichle & stood in front until I lit up my cell phone & made a call for husband to come to room door so I could cross parking lot to get to my room. Man then continurd to roam parking lot & approach room doors. Renovation would have been nice if room had been properly cleaned & sink had not been stopped up (I have pictures of filth). Dirty floor ruined socks. "New" mattresses should have been new "foam topper on old mattress". Parking lot filled with trash. Checkin did not give me the Senior discount. Checkout did offer a $5.00 "inconvenience" refund which I told them to keep and pay on proper cleaning and security.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JaniceAP
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Nice location in the middle of town, right by the highway. Rooms have been updated fairly recently, but it resulted in some odd touches. Rooms have laminate flooring instead of carpet in a bamboo pattern with bright orange walls. Floors look good, but feel gritty underfoot with the slightest addition of road dust. Vanity separate from bathroom, resulting in very large bathroom. No tub, just capsule-type shower with rainshower head. Great shower, just looks so out of place. Extra towel storage is at the vanity, so don't forget to bring a fresh one in with you! Bed linens should probably have been replaced a long while back, towels are tiny, but in better shape. Would stay here again for low rate, but only on an overnight rest break from driving.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are close to the road. Noise can be a factor. Rooms around the poo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Melvis_and_Laugh
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have to admit that the Motel 6 is probably one of the best deals in San Angelo but I don't know why other people rave about it. It's an rather old Motel 6. Yes, they redid the rooms but they still look a bit worn and the towels are old, thin and have stains. As a single woman travelling it didn't appear the place to be. I wouldn't pay a penny more then the $41.99+tax I paid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank babdr80
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed one night at the Motel 6 in San Angelo. The rate was very good and the person at the desk for friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and well maintained. It did have an orange color to it, but the bed was comfortable and my wife and I both slept well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SvenAustin_TX
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The rooms are remodeled. 40 dollars a night and they have free wifi, pool, extensive channels and a front access panel below the tv to hook up a dvd player, laptop or MP3 player. They have 32" HD flatscreens. It was updated and for the price, you can't beat it. Maria at the front desk was really friendly and even called a few minutes after we were in the room to make sure everything was up to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple