“Never mind...”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I'm going to revise my last review, since every time thereafter, I've had pretty poor service. This is the slowest starbucks known to mankind. I realize most people here are probably not in a huge hurry to get their drinks and get going, but why in the world does it take 10 minutes to order, pay for, and receive 1 drink in the drive through. I've realized that even when no one is in line, it takes foreverrrrr. Drives me nuts. One time this lady in front of me in the drive through ordered like 6 drinks (please go inside people) and they took forever and then the manager came to apologize to her and gave her a free drink coupon. I had my windows down so I was listening to the whole thing. When I pulled up the girl said sorry for the wait (well I only ordered one drink, not 6...). I asked her if I could get a free coupon (slightly joking but not really) and she just starred at me. Yeesh. Hurry up people!! I want my caffeine!!!

3  Thank Kristen M

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Everytime new people are working there.they cannot give you an answer ifbthey are going to bring something that the other Starbucks have.most ofbthe times they run out of pastries .

3  Thank Betty L
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I love love Starbucks and any coffee in general. Apparently this is the only Starbucks in San Angelo. It's good, but not the best I've had. Mocha frapp had an odd taste but still good overall.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

...And it's always good. I received excellent service, and my coffee was delicious!

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This Starbucks location is the only one in a city of approximately 100,000. I have been a very regular customer since it opened up several years back, but I am beginning to question whether or not I wish to continue frequenting this location, as there are several businesses around town that either serve Starbucks coffee or else have similar products. Reason for my dissatisfaction is the whole environment of this location has become completely untenable, an atrocious parking situation, ridiculously tiny seating area, a drive-up that is sometimes 10 or more cars deep, which adds to the horrible parking problems, blocking people from being able to leave after they have gone inside the location, having to park in other businesses’ parking lots, I could go on and on. I have heard many a person comment that they either are no longer going to do business at this location or else are going to reconsider it because of the aforementioned problems.
Please keep in mind that, to a lot of us customers, Starbucks beverages aren’t exactly cheap, they are actually very pricy, yet some of us enjoy the unique flavor of the coffee, so we keep coming. But that is no longer automatic, though, especially at a Starbucks like the one in San Angelo, I really believe that location is actually tarnishing the Starbucks brand, giving the customers the impression that profit is their only bottom line, never mind that the customer actually has to face challenges when going into the store, parking, seating, drive-up, having to park in other businesses’ parking lots, etc. Just think about what I said in the last sentence, “the customer actually has to face challenges when going into the store.” That should never be, the customer having to face challenges, a Starbucks should be a place of pleasure where you go in and relax and enjoy the environment. Have you been to the Starbucks in San Angelo lately? I definitely would not associate “relax” and “enjoy” with that environment. I would even go so far to say that Starbucks is actually disrespecting the customers in San Angelo in favor of profitability.
As far as their publicity goes and as it appears anyway, Starbucks stands up for the environment, preaching sustainability, recycling, reducing carbon footprint, etc. But at the Starbucks San Angelo, Starbucks is actually encouraging the production of greenhouse gases by its very own customers, most people have no place to park, so they opt for the drive-up with its terrible lines that take forever to go through, so their engines are left running for long periods and producing harmful emissions . And did any thought go into the design of the drive-up traffic pattern at all? From Avenue N it is almost impossible to turn right into the drive-up, and from Sherwood Way, the lines in the drive-up get so long so that it is difficult at best to park in the parking lot, the few spaces that it does have.
In short, there are lots of us out here in San Angelo, TX that enjoy Starbucks products, but we are increasingly unwilling to pay such prices for a very sub par experience at best at the San Angelo store. I would highly recommend and encourage Starbucks to begin immediately looking for a new location somewhere in the city that would eliminate the challenges to the customer that the current location invokes. To do that, Starbucks would reestablish the loyalties of its customers here in San Angelo and at the same time bring back the respect the customers deserve for spending their hard-earned money. The Starbucks mantra is “ethical, local, global,” yet there is nothing “ethical” about putting profitability above the customer experience and there is nothing “local” about a business that can’t even provide even the most basic parking and seating needs for the local customers!

22  Thank TXtimessquare