All reviewsbed and breakfastsilo restaurantenjoyed our stayguest roomsgreat showerwe've stayedsusanpotterygoodiespaintersfreezeraccommodationsrefrigerator
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed in the Santa Fe room and had a wonderful experience. The room has a comfortable bed, luxurious custom shower, spacious bathroom with good lighting, and small front and back patio areas. You can park just behind the room, and the experience is like staying at a friend's cozy and thoughtfully appointed guest house. The 24 hour "breakfast nook" is a fabulous idea - I not only had fruit and cinnamon rolls in the morning, but also a late evening beer and snack. I'm looking for an excuse to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our 9 year anniversary and I seen the Inn on their website and called and was able to reserve the Santa Fe room, and Susan was very nice, she showed me to the room and informed me of the private rear entrance to the room, and showed the kitchen area that we were able to use, and it was stocked with just about everything you could need. I was fortunate to be able to see it before my fiance, and when we arrived later to drop off our things, we were able to take in how beautiful the room was, and that started our evening off to a great start. It was very romantic, peaceful. The art work just outside in the courtyard was really romantic to wake up to. I know we most definitely will be staying again and I really want to thank our host Susan for such a most memorable stay, and her husband Jerry was really nice, they told us if we needed anything that they were just a phone call away. And if you happen to bring a computer device,they also offer free WiFi. A hotel room without the high price. A VERY Beautiful couples retreat.

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms, but I would HIGHLY recommend the Santa Fe room if you are looking for a romantic room for couples. It provides a king size bed, a walk in shower large enough to fit 4-5 people. But perfect for 2, The price was reasonable as well.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What a nice people Jerry and Susan. We feel so welcome when arriving.
The place looks like something we had never seen before !
Our room ... Just Great ! The shower Just Great !

Jerry, thanks for borrowing the TOM TOM cable and we hope to see you folks back again
greetings from Han and Marion
Holland , Kerkdriel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Don't be fooled by outer appearance. This is a hidden gem! Comfortable, cozy and relaxing.I would go back for sure! The are around is pretty run down, but don't let that run you away. It is tucked away quite nicely. it is nicer than most hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Art Loft! It is so cute and quite a charm. better than a hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014

When my wife and I first arrived at The Old Chicken Farm Art Center, I didn’t know what to make of the place. I knew we were staying at The Inn there, but the front parking lot next to Roger Allen’s pottery studio gave little indication of what was in store for us behind the entrance gates. To our joy, meandering courtyards circled by quaint artist studios and unique galleries lay just out of sight.
The Santa Fe room in which we stayed was utterly beautiful, warm and inviting, and the private fully stocked kitchen, hand-picked fresh fruit, and Jerry's homemade cinnamon roles, made us feel incredibly special and welcomed.
Dare I mention the walk-in shower? Large enough to comfortably hold two people, beautifully tiled, and appointed with not one, but two high-pressure showerheads (one pointing straight down from the ceiling). Cleary, the entire bathroom was designed and built by artists for artists. But you don’t need to be an artist to appreciate the workmanship. It was fantastic, and just the thing for two weary travelers.
Touring the art center grounds, meeting the artists, listening to the live musicians: it all made us feel like we’d been transported to another land, and that we were actually on our honeymoon, and not just there for the weekend.
On top of all that, The Silo House restaurant, which sits smack dab in the middle of the Art Center, is a world-class culinary treat. They offer a 5-course prix fixe meal that’s moderately priced compared to other similar restaurants, and the food is exquisitely prepared. They have limited space and only two seatings per night, so be sure to make a reservation.
We’re still awed by the whole experience. Thank you Susan and Jerry so much! We can’t wait to visit with you again.
~Michael and Valerie McBride, Austin, TX

Room Tip: The Santa Fe room is private and just two doors down from the private, fully-stocked kitchen, which is available for no additional charge to The Inn's guests. The room's front door opens directly into one of the Art Center courtyards, and it has its own front porch and sitting area, which added to the feeling of privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple