“A hidden gem.”

Inn at the Art Center
Ranked #1 of 3 San Angelo B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

They are the sweetest hosts and the accommodations were lovely. The shower in the Santa Fe room was amazing! The kitchen with snacks was an awesome bonus. Lots of breakfast options too. We will definitely be back and recommend this to our family!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TiffanyHansen

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is my 2nd stay here and I will be calling this my Central-West Texas home for future business trips. With hotels costing over $200 in the Midland/Odessa area and even here in San Angelo, The Inn is an oasis offering unique rooms and a very courteous ownership. This trip, I'm staying in the Country French room, which though flowery, has all the amenities I need. I stayed in the Santa Fe room on my last trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank saladodan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at this unique b and b twice now and have loved it each time. Jerry and Susan are so very nice and welcoming and made us feel right at home. We loved the Santa Fe room including the very nice remodeled bathroom and awesome shower. The room is so cute and so very comfortable. We loved the breakfast nook, too. It is completely stocked with plenty of goodies for all to enjoy. Thank you Susan and Jerry for a wonderful weekend. And thank you to Roger for the beautiful Plate we bought from your pottery gallery...that makes two beautiful serving plates we own now. Thanks, Cathy and Brian

Room Tip: loved the santa fe room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penford
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Found out about the B&B through trip advisor. As an art & craft person, I totally love this place! We always prefer B&Bs to hotel rooms, and this is the reason why. Price is also lower then most in the area. One should always stay in a silo once in their life! Make sure to allow time to enjoy the grounds and see some awesome artwork. Jerry and Susan are wonderful hosts! A wonderful end to a fantastic vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marsha K
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have stayed at the Inn at the Art Center twice over the years and really enjoy the eclectic, well kept rooms. We always stay in the Artists Loft in the Silo, and it's such a unique experience. Lovely art work in all of the rooms and it's fun to wander the area looking at homemade pottery, paintings, stone work, etc. There is a breakfast nook stocked with fruit and scones or fresh made muffins, which are very good. This is our choice of where to stay when driving to San Angelo, and we'll do it again. Would suggest that outdoor tables and chairs in patio area be cleaned prior to guests arriving.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Darlene H
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We mentionedh two nights at the Inn at the Art Center, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend! We come to San Angelo once or twice a year and stay in hotels. This time, I was shocked at the price of hotels-- the ones we typically stay at were over $200 a night--so I convinced my husband to try a bed and breakfast. He had never been open to staying at a B&B before, but agrees to stay here since it was.so highly reviewed. He is now a B&B convert! :) The room was cozy and had a beautiful, large shower with rain shower head. We slept well on the comfortable bed and awoke on Saturday to the sound of rain falling on the tin roof. It happened to be 1st Saturday, so we enjoyed visiting with the artisans and did some shopping. We even had belly dancers outside our door-- that doesn't happen in hotels!!!

The innkeepers were very friendly. There is a fully stocked kitchen nook filled with snacks, juice, sodas, breakfast items, and even wine and beer. Fresh baked goods are also provided for breakfast. Susan had told
us that her husband does the baking, and he made mugfins, cinnamon rolls, or scones each day. I was very excited about scones (my favorite), and when my husband saw Jerry putting out muffins for Sunday morning on Saturday night, he mentioned that I'd be disappointed that there weren't scones. Sunday morning, there were fresh scones that he had baked-- and he baked extras and left us a note to take them home with us. That is definitely going above and beyond to make their guests happy!

We will definitely stay here on future visits to San Angelo-- forget staying in a hotel when we can have an experience at the Art Center!! And my husband now wants to start staying at different B&B ' s in the Hill Country, so we have some new adventures in our future-- all because his first experience in a B&B was so awesome!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank BeckyBinTexas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the The Inn at the Art Center. Jerry and Susan welcomed us with open arms. I was a little nervous when we first arrived but that soon was replaced by a sense of calm. We stayed in the Santa Fe room and was blown away with the shower. I happen to love "stuff" and there is plenty of stuff around, with an array of different cats that just couldn't help but visit with us. The breakfast room was well stocked with food and drink, including beer and wine! If you get the chance to visit this unique place don't forget to enjoy all the artists too. Rodger Allen and his wife were very nice and what talent! We had to make some purchases!!!!!! Jerry and Susan really go out of their way to make sure you have every thing you need. I would give it a rating of 10 if I could. Thank you Jerry and Susan you are the best. Katie and Bruce Bowers

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple