“Great hotel for small town”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Angelo
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was a great hotel. There wasn't much of good quality to choose from in this small town. I was really happy when I found this Marriott property. I added special notes and an early check-in to mynrervation. They followed through with everything. The room was clean and met my expectations for Marriott properties. It was in a good location. There was plenty of parking. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with a great variety!! The bed was very comfortable. A bit overpriced I thought considering the small town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mab06odu

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had the unexpected pleasure of staying at the Fairfeild Inn & the Manager Mr. Seferino Garcia & Maria made my stay very pleasant.They were friendly &caring and took good care to make sure my stay, which was not under pleasant circumstances, was enjoyable & comfortable.
The rooms were clean, the lobby clean & the dining area was all clean & set nicely. I was there during Christmas so I really enjoyed the decorations & extra care!!!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, including families with small children, very family friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I recently booked a hotel reservation for February but was already charged for the room. When I called to inquire as to why, I was met with one of the ugliest managers I have ever had to talk to. She was extremely rude and disrespectful and kept trying to over talk me. She informed me that there was only a few hotels in the area so basically I needed to deal with it. Then I called customer care for Marriott which told me it was up to the hotel on whether or not they refunded my money and apparently didn't care that I was treated the way I was. I am so very disappointed in Marriott and this hotel. I sincerely thought Marriott had a higher standard than this. I can't even comment on the room because my reservation isn't until February--so sad that this was the first impression of the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank djmjtx
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I gave a less thn glowing review last time I think it is fair to come back and say the I did stay here again...even though I was skeptical it was my only option and I am glad I did.
Apparently the last stay was not the way it always is.
As before front desk super friendly, property is very clean. Room is spacious with all the amenities.
AC not so loud, bed is still pretty firm but it was okay for me, little fridge was super cold, breakfast was about the same but much more pleasant. Everything was well stocked and fresh tasting. A young lady was making sure guests had everything they needed..very good way to start the day.
Only negative was the wireless was sketchy.
All in all I WILL return!!!

Room Tip: Great location convenient to San Angelo State and a new Rosa's Cafe right a Ross the street!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

How can this be a Marriott Hotel? Beds are hard as ROCKS. Hotel is clean, staff friendly, but glad I am only here one night. Walls are really thin, so if your neighbor is awake - so are you.

For the price I am paying, I expected more. In this case, you don't get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kpkingtn
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times and its always been excellent. The staff is very helpful and always friendly. Rooms are always spotless. The beds are a little different but they comfortable none th less. The breakfast could be a little better but it's free so no complaints there. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

It may not be the fault of the hotel itself as San Angelo, TX is not exactly a 'hot spot'; especially the part of town that this hotel is at. However, there is not a lot to do when staying here and it's sole purpose of a place to sleep was about the best I can mention.

The room was sufficient for sleeping and was VERY clean. It did feel a little scarce but the room I was in did have a microwave and a small refrigerator, although I didn't use either.

Room Tip: High floors are better as the flooring is 'flimsy' and I can imagine people walking overhead...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo