“Nice stay once again”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Springfield, Missouri
“Nice stay once again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stay at this Fairfield often when visiting family in San Angelo. It was nice as usual and the staff pleasant. They let us check in early, around 12:30, which was great as we had to go straight to a surprise party and we did not really want to be checking in late at night. Breakfast was fine and the waffle in the shape of Texas was delicious. The Texas shape is always a hit with our grandkids who usually stay with us. My only problem was the price. San Angelo hotels have always been a little more expensive than other Texas towns of comparable size, but 170.00 to 200.00 for a room at a Fairfield is insane. Maybe in New York, but not West Texas. The Holiday Inn Express and Hampton were equally pricey this year. I'm hoping other chains will be building in the future and making the prices more competitive. That is why I rated the value for the money as poor. It's nice but not 200.00 nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 222Sailorgirl
Janet H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us. When in the area please visit us again.

Janet Halfmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Byron, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here 10-11-13/10-15-13, with my 2 grandchildren. I arrived early and was able to check in about 3 hours early, which was great. All of the staff that we encountered were great, which made this an enjoyable stay.The breakfast was very good, but I can see how staying any longer it would get repetitive. The room was good, beds very comfortable, but it was a bit dusty on flat surfaces and the lampshades. Also, I had hung up the towels to reuse, but they were taken anyway. We use our towels more than once at home, so its not a big deal, especially in areas troubled by drought. Why put the card in the bathroom asking guests to reuse towels if they are going to take them anyway? The pool and hottub could have used a good cleaning also.
Overall, the stay was fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sunlover057
Janet H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Please come back and see us when you are in the area again.

Janet Halfmann
Midland, TX.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed there last nite. They let us check in early which was nice since we wanted to visit the Old Downtown shops. The room was very clean, good breakfast and check in was real smooth. This isn't a fancy place but worth the price. We would definitely stay there again.
This hotel suffers what they all do and that isn't enuff lighting in the room. Probably just me getting old. Ha!
Free Wi-Fi worked perfectly!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was my first time staying in San Angelo, TX. I do travel often for business and typically make reservations to stay at a Hampton Inn, but based on the reviews on TripAdvisor I elected to stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites in San Angelo. When we arrived on Monday around 1:30pm we were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk. They were able to check us in early which was a plus. We arrived in our room and everything looked nice and clean.

The 2nd day of our stay. When we returned from our job site we found our dirty wash cloths still in the shower floor. From this I would take that the shower was not cleaned that day.

The 3rd day of our stay we left the room early in the morning to head to our job site. We came back around 11:30 am and our room was not clean yet which was ok, I understand. The lady responsible for our room was in the hallway and asked if our room needed cleaned and I said yes. So about 10 minutes later she knocks on our door and I say can you please come back in about 15 minutes and she says ok. So we leave our room and walk down to the elevator and she says "Does your room need everything?" I said yes everything. I assume when they clean your room they clean everything (maybe not). When my husband and I return to our room later that evening we open the door to only find that our pizza box from supper the night before is still laying on the floor and the trash in the can is still full plus our empty pop case is still there. I walk into the bathroom to find no wash clothes and only one hand towel. Also, the sweeper had not been run or the bathroom sink cleaned as there was still tooth paste in the sink.

I called the front desk and they apologized. They brought up some wash cloths and hand towels and took the trash out for us. They also applied points to our rewards card. They did say they were training the cleaning staff too. The next day we come into our room and it is clean and filled with towels and the trash is removed. There is a note on the bed from the cleaning staff which was nice.

The continental breakfast is okay. If you are staying there for more than a few days you will get tired of the same "hot" breakfast offers day after day. There is no changing it. Even after talking with the manager at the front desk he said "Scrambled Eggs and Sausage" is there only choice. They can't even substitute bacon for sausage. It's a shame that a hotel which charges extreme rates for a room can be so stiff about their variety of food.

If my travels bring me back to San Angelo, TX I will return to Hampton Inn I believe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Comfortable rooms and beds. Outdoor pool and hot tub were very clean and well maintained. Staff was very accommodating. Continental breakfast was perfect and had plenty to choose from. If you need a roll away bed be sure to request one when you book room. We did not, but staff was great to provide us with what we needed so we could make an extra pallet on floor for one of our kids. Also, I needed help on computers and front desk staff was wonderful and patient with me.

Room Tip: If you need a roll away bed, be sure to request one when you book room. They are first come first se...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I am presently at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in San Angelo and I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but they were booked this week. I stayed in a suite and found it clean, large, nice furniture, great pillows and new TV's. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was good.

The only challenge with any hotel in San Angelo is that rooms book early (lots of oil business in this area) and the rates (doesn't matter what hotel) are generally outside of what my company likes to pay. So, if you are booking a trip to San Angelo, book early and consider this hotel. It is a nice find in San Angelo.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We travel often to San Angelo, TX, to visit our daughter and son-in-law. We always stay at the Fairfield Inn where we are treated like family. The staff works hard to accommodate us in a comfortable, quiet room. Granted this is not a resort, but it is a clean, well-kept, comfortable hotel. We appreciate the hard work of Pat and Melissa in the breakfast room, hotel manager Janet, front desk manager Briton, and Stacy and Romo of the housekeeping staff. They work well together, always wanting to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We appreciate their efforts.

We agree with the fact that you have to walk through the smoking area to enter the hotel, which is not a very nice welcome. But once inside the premises are clean and fresh. Yes, the prices have increased with the influx of oil workers, but that's the price of progress, we guess. We will continue to stay at the Fairfield in San Angelo.

Room Tip: As stated by others, the hotel faces a major street. For a quieter room, choose one on the "ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple