“Super Staff”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Littleton, Colorado
“Super Staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I can't gush enough about this hotels staff. I was at the hotel for a little over two weeks. The manager, Shanita, was always doing something around the hotel with her staff. The front desk staff, Tiawna, Angela, Elena, Kevin and Edna were welcoming, helpful, happy and energetic. They love their hotel and their city. They make you feel at home. The maintenance staff were always taking care of the hotel and it's grounds. You can tell they have pride in the hotel. The breakfast ladies (Melissa and Juanita) ensured I had what I needed and were always restocking. The hotel was quite busy on weekends with families. I never heard anyone say there wasn't enough food like I have heard at some hotels. I saw the housekeeping staff almost everyday. They were smiling and asked if I needed anything extra. Stacie, Jessica, Dulce, Linda, Vanessa, Bridget, and a few others helped make my stay so enjoyable. They also take pride in the hotel and it shows. It is so very clean. I loved this hotel! I would definitely come back again.

If you are staying at this hotel, there are so many things to do. The river walk is beautiful (great playground for kids) and the downtown area is much fun. Festivals, local flavor shopping and yummy food everywhere. Check out the San Angelo library. If you like donuts, you have come to the right city and hotel. The staff loves donuts too and can steer you to so many yummy local donut shops. In 17 days I never ate a chain. So. Many. Delicious. Local Restaurants.

Somehow I clicked on room service and gave the hotel a 5. Unfortunately, Fairfields do not have a restaurant or room service, but I bet this staff would do what they could for you. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Toby L S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our experience at this hotel has always been extremely good and this stay was no different. This time I traveled with my elderly parents and Angela got is checked in quick and before the allowed check in time.

The common areas are very spacious and the parking is ample. As with all San Angelo hotels, the price is way above all other towns this size and rooms are hard to find. We always know to book 30 days in advance to ensure we can stay at the Fairfield.

We were there on a Friday night and there was a baseball tournament for 10-13 year old boys. The hotel was packed but we didn't have any noise issues in our room.

Breakfast was great. They have lots of variety and keep the common area clean and tidy even with lots of people moving through.

The only improvement we would like to see is for the handicapped accessible rooms to have walk in showers. Our handicapped accessible room had a tub shower. Granted it had all the hand holds and adjustable shower heads and non-skid coating on the tub BUT with my parents in their mid 80's, a walk in shower would have been the 5th star in the review.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite Knickerbocker are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MangoRita80
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

In San Angelo most hotels are very expensive due to the oil boom west Texas has going on right now. The Fairfield is a nice place good location clean and breakfast was good. Only draw back was Kevin. I had been working for 14 hours and purchased the reservation on a travel site like 1000 other times. However while very very nice had no idea how to check me in. Took 20 minutes and had to run my card 3 times. And to top it off 15 minutes after getting to my room I get a phone call asking me to come back to the desk because there was an error with my card... Grrr! So sum it up. Good location, nice room, good breakfast... Just train the staff a bit more.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank James A
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here when visiting our son stationed at Goodfellow Air Force Base. He spent a couple nights with us also. We were very pleased. The hotel gave us a free upgrade. Our suite was spacious and well appointed: good layout, great linens, a quiet AC with wall thermostat, and a helpful, friendly staff. I had read reviews about uncomfortable beds. They were firm, but fine. We got good sleep. Breakfast buffet was above average - loved the Greek yogurt and cut up melons and fruit (not just an apple in a bowl), as well as the scrambled eggs and sausage. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a third floor suite - very nice. If you need space for a family, ask for suite 304. I...
Green Features: Spacious B'fast room. Didn't use pool or other spaces.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lisa K
Oscar S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Lisa K -

It was a pleasure to serve you and your family during your recent stay in San Angelo, Texas. I appreciate your very kind words. I've shared your comments with the entire staff as well. This reinforces in them that their hard work that they deliver each day does make a difference.
All of us at this Fairfield Inn San Angelo are committed to deliver a safe product to guarantee a good's nice rest. This team accomplished this goal with your stay.

On a seperate note, we are proud to have provided service to one of America's finest, your son. Thank you as a military family and thank him on our behalf for his service. We stand ready to welcome you back on your next trip to San Angelo.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is where I stay almost every time I come to San Angelo. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are virtually spotless! Their breakfast selections are great as well. The only real complaint that I have is that they tend to sell out their rooms quite often, forcing me to find another place to stay! But that's what happens when you are the best... people flock to your hotel because they know that it can't be beat! Too bad other places haven't figured that out!

Green Features: I love that their hotel has the environmentally friendly toilets. This is the first place I've see that use them, and they really help to save water, which is very important with the severe drought that plagues Texas.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ed D
Dear Ed D:

I appreciate your very positive remarks. They have been shared with the hotel staff as well and they feel great knowing that they made a difference in your stay.

Ed, here is our hotel number (325) 482-8400 for you to call as soon as you learn that you'll need overnight accommodations in San Angelo, TX. This way you can rest assured that you'll have this accommodation awaiting your arrival.

Safe travels!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We are Marriott members and continue to be loyal repeat customers of Marriott for a reason! They are dependable and consistent. Different levels of Marriott provide different amenities of course.... That is how is works! Once again, the front desk was very ameniable, they called our room to make sure we were comfortable: by 10:00pm all was quiet, the towels were clean and soft, the bed was clean and comfortable, the room was exactly as expected and needed. The lobby area was very clean and inviting. Breakfast was as expected and included. Great experience. Thank you Marriott!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank seeyouatthebeach
Dear seeyouatthebeach:

First of all, that handle reads terrific! I appreciate you being a loyal Marriott Rewards member and giving this staff a crack at delivering the dependable and consistant you have come to expect and deserve.

I am happy that a good night's rest was delivered to you and your family. That's what we're all about. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Angelo, TX.

In the meantime, pass the sun tan lotion please!
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We attended baseball games at Foster Field, so the location was perfect for us. Quiet hotel and very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Breakfast area very clean and kept up. The lady in charge was very friendly. Clean bathrooms. Mattresses were fair. Would definitely stay again if ever in the San Angelo area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PABS719
Dear PABS719:

I appreciate you counting on the Fairfield Inn San Angelo for your accommodation needs during this trip to Texas. Being across the street from Foster Field and San Angelo State University does provide convenience to our guests attending events at the university.

Our staff works hard each day to provide a product and guest experience to all our guests' expectations and by your comments, they achieved this goal during your stay.

Safe travels and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to San Angelo.