“Don't ever stay here!!”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Amarillo, Texas
“Don't ever stay here!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The only thing good was the price. Stayed here 5 nights for a sporting event. NEVER again. First day: no elevator. Real hard to take all your clothes and 'stuff" up stairs. Really nice young man did help us. (2-women) 2nd day: roommate fell on slick floor getting out of elevator. They were moping. No real apology, treated her like she was just clumsy!! Lights in room never did work. All related to 2 wall switches that we never did understand. Very little parking; some had to park on the access road. Clock didn't work, had to have them fix. 3rd day was the final blow: ANTS everywhere!! Also no elevator. Constantly under repair.
I don't recommend any one staying here.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. There is a Marroitt near.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank srtxtraveler1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, TX
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Comfort Suites are usually good places to stay...not this one. There was a wedding party staying on our floor (ok, nothing really the hotel can do on this except avoid large groups i guess). The issue came in at 2am when someone in this wedding group decided that my room was part of their group and decided to pound on the door while yelling "housekeeping" at the top of their lungs. I called down to the front desk, no answer, the pounding continued, i called repeatedly for someone to answer, still no one, the pounding continues so at this point i don't know who these people are (i found out the details later) so I call the police, in the meantime I keep calling downstairs until finally a groggy night attendant answers the phone, I tell him that someone is pounding on my door. He now says he'll come check, now they have resorted to calling my room and you can hear some of them out in the hall. No call back from the night clerk so I call back, he says that he checked and no one was in the hallway, I can hear them the whole time so he didn't actually check. Now, the police arrive and come up and they break up the party and send everyone to their rooms and that's when I opened the door and talked to the police and found out the details.

Up to you but I'm not staying here ever again. You can take your chances here but remember that I warned you about this place.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gslink

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My rate at Comfort Suites in San Angelo was much less than advertised in Trip Advisor. This is a very friendly and clean hotel.

Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
san angelo
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Room was clean. Great location. Bed was very comfortable but most importantly (to me), the blackout curtains worked great and there was no road noise during the night. San Angelo doesn't have any 4 or 5 star hotels but this is definitely one of the top hotels in San Angelo.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2010

This was an okay hotel; you can tell it is getting a little older. I thought the price was a little high for the condition. The hallways & rooms were large; the hotel was clean. We received 2 queen size beds & a pullout sofa, so we didn't require a crib. The bathroom had no fan and stains on the tub. The tv was older. The room had fridge & microwave. The pool was outdoors, so wasn't open in Oct., although was definitely warm enough for it. The staff was friendly & helpful, and there was a good deluxe continental breakfast. The water out of the tap was horrible though, so we had to drink juice. This place was fine for one night and we had a good sleep, but I probably wouldn't stay here if I had to stay multiple nights.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Wylie, TX
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My husband and I stayed Nov 2010 on a business trip. I liked the staff at the hotel. I made a late night call on the road for a reservation and arrived late. I liked the space inside the room. The beds were comfortable and although the hotel was almost completely full I did not hear anything to wake me. I liked the fact you could run the fan on low instead of a noisy AC that comes on strong off and on. I was thankful for such a nice stay and will stay there everytime I go.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I took a group of students to a competition in April and found this hotel to be a great choice. The location was great and easy to get to. The hotel itself was updated and the rooms were very spacious. There is a seating area with a fold out couch, another chair, and desk. All rooms had refrigerators as well. The only complaint was the coffee maker. Though I did not use it, the person I was staying with commented that it didn't work very well.
The bathroom was more than adequate and I was pleasantly surprised by the the make-up remover packages that they provided. The breakfast was better than average as it provided eggs (though I didn't eat them), sausage, biscuits & gravy, along with all the other standard danishes, waffles, cereals etc. You get a local paper every morning as well. This hotel suited our needs and we had no problems checking in.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business