“Family Visit”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Cadillac, Michigan
“Family Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Because of the oil boom in this area, the hotels are all filled and expensive. I do not know how some people had a bad experience, they were great to me. When I check in I asked if my granddaughters could stay one night. They were great about it and even said to feel free to take them to the pool. Very clean, great staff, okay breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank dhinkley66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was able to get the room for $170 using my aaa discount, but I have stayed in much cleaner hotels for that price. We made sure the hotel had a pool, but it was gross. I ended up using the net to clean it. While you must have a card to enter the hotel, anyone has access to the outdoor pool. Makes me wonder how many non-hotel guest use it. Breakfast was good. Microwave in room had to be moved to a working outlet. Coffee pot looked dusty like it hadn't been cleaned/used for a while. Remote had tape holding it together. The lady who checked us in was super sweet and allowed us a late checkout. She said 1pm at no extra charge. I got a call the next morning at 12:15 from the front desk asking if I was staying another night. When I said I had been told I could have a late checkout, she had no record of it. She said the lady who checked me in was new and she could only allow me to stay until 12:30. She was rather rude and I was frustrated at the whole process.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank J1JEAN
Garwood, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I ended up cancelling my reservation and I will tell you why! I went there two days before the arrival date to check out the room because my niece and her husband were going to stay with us...and she is very picky. I get there and the lady at the front desk told me she was booked for the next two days in a row and that she had "NO" room to show me! Really I have a room reserved for Friday and you have no room to show me.... its not what she said it's how she said it....so I went down the hall the guy that was listening to how she treated me said I could look at his room...needless to say I know why she didn't want to show me the room....for almost 200 a night...NOT EVEN WORTH IT!!!.....I had my nephew's son with me and when we walked in there were cookies on the counter she took those off the counter...so on the way out I told her we didn't want any cookies anyway....REALLY???? BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Nancy P
Cedar Rapids, IA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I just checked into this hotel. $169-179 a night for four nights. I am here for work, but brought my teenage daughter with me who is on spring break. The pool is closed. On her spring break. I researched this hotel in advance and looked over the reviews and website prior to booking weeks ago, no mention of closed pool... in fact I just rechecked their website and nope, still no mention.

Pricey for average accommodations, our comforters are stained... and I'm furious. I have researched every decent hotel in the area and they are booked tonight and tomorrow night, so we're stuck here plus a hassle of checking in elsewhere in two days. I travel a lot for work and use choice hotels a lot... other than a free night(s) I should have coming to me for points, never again.

And note to anyone booking a hotel anywhere including myself who is planning on a pool - call in advance and make sure they aren't lying about having one... live and learn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank lunarnikki
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

The room was comfortable and roomy. Our refrigerator did not work, but we did not report it - our son's 'fridge worked well, so we stored our drinks in his room. The bed was actually comfortable. The TV reception was just average. The weekend breakfast was average. They attended to it pretty well, but some of their pastries were stale - couldn't have been fresh. That was disappointing.
We stay here yearly with family as we visit parents. They block rooms for this weekend every year and they work very well with my in-laws to take care of us. The price is right and the staff couldn't be nicer about it all.
It is a non-smoking hotel which is certainly a PLUS!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TigerHeart25
Millsap
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Staff was Great and So were the rooms wonderful Breakfast... Will Book again for sure close to everything in San Angelo.

Room Tip: A non-smoking room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe D
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our friends and we have stayed in this comfort suites before and I remember both couples were quite pleased. I seem to recall I reviewed it in that light - but I do not find that review now.
This trip was not uncomfortable but showed that the the place is on the decline. Although the room was predictable and the bed comfortable, the door molding on the bathroom door was broken loose and not repaired. You had to be quite careful not to hit it when entering the room. The bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned thoroughly (spots and stains on the faucets)
We checked in early (two couples with two rooms) and went to dinner and visiting friends. When we returned, we entered our room to a hot room. Our friends entered a non smoking room that wreaked of smoke, a stripped bed - basically a dirty room. They had to return to the front desk and luckly there was another room they could use.
The breakfast was good -but typical.
Although we got a reasonable night sleep there are better and newer properties nearby that we will partonize on the next trip.

Room Tip: Make sure to check your room if checking in early to assure it is ready for occupancy. A surprise at...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends