“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

This was an okay hotel; you can tell it is getting a little older. I thought the price was a little high for the condition. The hallways & rooms were large; the hotel was clean. We received 2 queen size beds & a pullout sofa, so we didn't require a crib. The bathroom had no fan and stains on the tub. The tv was older. The room had fridge & microwave. The pool was outdoors, so wasn't open in Oct., although was definitely warm enough for it. The staff was friendly & helpful, and there was a good deluxe continental breakfast. The water out of the tap was horrible though, so we had to drink juice. This place was fine for one night and we had a good sleep, but I probably wouldn't stay here if I had to stay multiple nights.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wylie, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

My husband and I stayed Nov 2010 on a business trip. I liked the staff at the hotel. I made a late night call on the road for a reservation and arrived late. I liked the space inside the room. The beds were comfortable and although the hotel was almost completely full I did not hear anything to wake me. I liked the fact you could run the fan on low instead of a noisy AC that comes on strong off and on. I was thankful for such a nice stay and will stay there everytime I go.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

I took a group of students to a competition in April and found this hotel to be a great choice. The location was great and easy to get to. The hotel itself was updated and the rooms were very spacious. There is a seating area with a fold out couch, another chair, and desk. All rooms had refrigerators as well. The only complaint was the coffee maker. Though I did not use it, the person I was staying with commented that it didn't work very well.
The bathroom was more than adequate and I was pleasantly surprised by the the make-up remover packages that they provided. The breakfast was better than average as it provided eggs (though I didn't eat them), sausage, biscuits & gravy, along with all the other standard danishes, waffles, cereals etc. You get a local paper every morning as well. This hotel suited our needs and we had no problems checking in.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

The room was fairly large, but, once we opened the sofa sleeper, it was hard to get around. The room and bathroom were clean and in mostly good condition. There were some small dirty spots on the walls and there were some cracks and rust stains around the shower granite, but nothing major. The beds and pillows were comfortable and we all slept well. The breakfast was better than the average continental items-eggs, sausage and waffles as well as fruit, cereals and breads. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, though a bit pricey.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Tye, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel was great for accomidating a family of 4. My husband and I and our 2 children stayed on the bottom floor inside the hotel. The room was easy to get to and was very clean and smelled great! All the fixtures worked great and the beds were so soft and clean. This is a great place to stay with a family!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Elk City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

The staff was wonderful and did everything they could to make our stay a pleasant one. The rooms were clean and pleasant and the breakfast was wonderful. I had a problem with the bathtub and the front desk clerk called and had maintenance there with 30 minutes to take care of it. They even offered to move us to another room but we decided to stay where we were. They were knowledgeable and made our stay a very enjoyable one. The knew all of the sites to go see and the best places to eat. I did not find one person who worked there that was not in a good mood or pleasant when dealing with even the most unpleasant of guests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the San Angelo area.

• Liked — Close to the highway
  • Disliked — Not pet friendly
  • Stayed October 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

We stayed there because this was the "host" hotel for a sporting clays competition. We checked in and the room was filthy, smelled like smoke- was supposed to be non-smoking - the sheets on the bed were dirty, had not been changed from the previous stay - had body fluid stains, curly black hairs and dirty panties in the covers.....the bathtub also had black hairs and was dirty.....the counters were filthy with spilled liquids and the coffee pot had burned on coffee in it....called to see if we could change rooms.....but were told that we couldn't.
the young lady that came to see what our problem was.....changed the sheets and cleaned the room while we watched, but we were never given an apology from the management and the manager was so rude to us..... could have cared less.....we were glad to leave when the time came.

• Liked — right off the highway
  • Disliked — filthy, rude management
  • Stayed June 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank curiousTex