“Best place to stay!”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The people who work at this "Best Western" really do care about their guests... they are what I call: "Old School". They give good, caring, attentive old-fashioned service. This was not a pleasure trip but a bereavement trip. The employees went out of their way to make sure we not only had our needs met but some special requests fulfilled as well. Clean, clean, clean; everything inside and out - well maintained; comfortable; and kind employees abound!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Flatonia, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here on the way home for one night. This is a busy place because of the oil field workers and the chance of getting a room on the bottom floor may not be easy. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable and the pool area was also clean. Not crazy about the management though. The lady working the desk seemed to involved with talking to her husband than staying at the desk. Also, didnt get to eat breakfast here. Even though we were down there by 8, there was nothing left and didnt seem to be anyone around to keep it up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Was in San Angelo for a family function and stayed at this hotel. Location is very good..central to shopping and dining. If you are looking for a clean room and friendly staff then this hotel meets those requirements. Our room was on the 2nd floor and quiet except for the traffic noise from the freeway. But every hotel in san angelo is near a freeway.
Apparently the oil business is booming so prices at all the hotels are more than what they should be. I wouldnt pay more than $85 a night for this place..but lowest rate was around $100 when I booked it, and it was the lowest priced hotel in San Angelo.
All in all, it was clean and had what appeared to be new and comfortable beds. Bathroom needed updating but was clean. The breakfast was typical continental but with added breakfast meat, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Just get down there early as food goes fast and not replenished on a timely basis.
I would stay here again. Its lacking the fancy ammenities but it was clean, beds were comfy and the room smelled fresh.

• Stayed September 2013
robert lee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

the rooms were clean and nice, I would recommend this motel to my family and friends, I did not eat breakfast but it is good to know that you have the option of getting it there without having to leave the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed here because this is where I stay during the months of august to November because I have a set of twins that attend the university there and they had a special for asu student or parents. the price was $50.00 plus tax and that was the only reason. every time I have gone there has been a problem dirty room, things not working in room like light rust in rooms I would complain and manager would come to room but with an excuse. this last visit I was told I got lucky because oil was booming so the room rates went up to $149.00 but to me it was never worth $50.00 but because I go to best western all the time I overlooked it and did not expect anything but to sleep and get up the next morning and leave. but when they told me rate hike because business was booming then give me better service. but with all of that said I will not go back here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Belton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

When hotel was booked, the fee was put on my credit card although I was not told. At check out, the receptionist wanted me to sign that the charge would be placed on my credit card that day. She did not understand that it had already been placed on the account. When I finally signed, I checked online and the reservation date charge was taken off and the check out date was added. There were three people in the lobby with the same issue. One had already paid the credit card bill. It was a mess! Their wording is terrible and communication not much better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Colleen G
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here the 18th and 19th of August, 2013, and would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast was very poor. Most important was the face that on our se nod evening we returned to the room to be greeted by a terrible stench. We went to the front desk and were offered another room which we took, but the a/c was very slow to respond, then went to a third room where the electronic lock would not function, then returned to the second room. The front desk person said that she would get approval for a discount because of the problems, but we were never given the discount!

We. certainly recommend avoiding this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple