La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Eldorado, Texas
“Quite hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have stayed here twice now. Both times were good stays. I found that this hotel is quite and close by to the restaurants and the mall. The grounds are clean and the rooms are also clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel might be fine for families with children who want to swim in the outdoor pool, but frankly it is way overdue for a good cleaning. The outdoor stairwells had the odd discarded food bits and a sour odor. The room was neat, but blankets on the beds are worn out and shabby. The bedspread had some icky food smear on the underside. That said, the AC works great, and the staff are super friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Amarillo
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed here for one night and had a very nice stay! It has a good location, clean rooms, good breakfast, beds were comfortable. We had a room with two beds and one bed was very close to the air conditioner. I thought this might be a problem with air blowing right on you as you sleep, but it wasn't-got a good night's sleep. Not fancy, but well cared for. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We recently spent 9 nights at this La Quinta. The room was very clean, the bed was quite comfortable and the staff was very hospitable. The staff did every thing they could to make our stay enjoyable, and succeeded. This was our third stay at this location in 4 years.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
San Antonio
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Even though we had requested and was put in a non- smoking room, the smoke smell was very strong - someone had brought in ash trays. I called the front desk and before I could gather my things - someone was at the door with an apology and keys to a different room . The quick response was appreciated!

• Stayed September 2010
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Currently staying for work. They only clean the rooms twice a week. Stains in toilets and tubs. Have stayed in multiple rooms. Very unhappy. The current room we are in smells. Missing light bulbs. Wifi is weak. Old run down place. Doors stick. Carpet is gross. Beds are not comfortable. Don't stay here

• Stayed September 2010
Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I stayed here in April 2010 but am just getting around to writing a review. Let me first say that generally I like the newer La Quintas and their lay out. This however is one of the old school La Quintas that remind me of the motor court type lodgings that I used to stay in when traveling with my parents as a kid. All the room entrances are outside. Hotel room rates for a small town like San Angelo are high in my opinion. I travel quite a bit on business, and it was a surprise to see Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn, and Fairfield Inns charging around $150. I generally stay at Drury Inns, La Quintas, Hampton Inns and Fairfields in larger Texas cities for a lot less. Anyway I couldn't see charging my company so much for a 1 night stay, so I chose to stay at La Quinta. I think it was priced in the 80 or 90 dollar range.

The reservation desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The location on Knickerbocker is good with easy highway access and is close to nearby restaurants off the loop. The room was a different story. Furnishings are old and threadbare. Bed is saggy and needs replacing. The worst part was the old, stained fiberglass tub. I've had fiberglass tubs in apartments and know how hard they are to keep clean and really don't like to see them in hotels as I think they make the establishment seem cheap. The room was very quiet; I don't think I had any neighbors, or if I did I never heard them. I did not bother to check out the pool so don't know how that was. Breakfast was typical La Quinta and was sufficient for me - 3 different kinds of cereal, milk, coffee, bagels and rolls, cold boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, and a waffle station. Breakfast room was in a separate building from the hotel and front desk. It was poorly lit and seemed really dreary. Overall I will not choose to stay here again but that will certainly limit my choices in this town.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business