“la Quinta San Angelo”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Cedar Crest, United States
“la Quinta San Angelo”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The motel was an older one and has not been well maintained. The cleanliness of the room was very poor also. We would not recommend this hotel/motel to anyone. The locations was good however, being close to restaurants and service facilities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

As Elite members we have stayed here 5 times. And we were dissatisfied everytime. We stayed on the top floor and the room was supposed to be non-smoking. Someone had apparently smoked in there and it wasnt us. The floor creeks when you walk across it and you can here all the sounds from your neighbors room. The ice machine was broke on the top floor and the bathtub was filthy, I didnt dare touch it. The WiFi? Terrible WiFi, I had to go sit right in front of the check in desk just to get Wifi. This place is old, has roaches and ants. The friendliest people we ran into was Melissa with Housekeeping & David at the check in desk. Other than that, the vibe is terrible.

Room Tip: Stay in the back off the freeway. Bring your own lysol
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've stayed at La Quinta in other towns before. They aren't great, but it's usually a quiet place to relax for the night. This one, however, was worse than the typical roadside motel on a busy freeway! Room reeked of smoke. Shower was filthy and shower head was at belly-button level! Internet speeds were poor at best (0.76 mbps was the best speed I got). Mattress felt like it was 30 years old (lumpy doesn't even begin to describe it). It made me look for the place to put the quarter for the "magic fingers"! Breakfast is in a separate building that you have to walk outside (in the cold morning wind!) to get to. Not worth the $169 per night. There are dozens of better places to stay here. I stayed here only because nothing else was available for the nights I had to be here. Normally I stay in the Fairfield, which is easily the best place to stay in San Angelo for the price. I wish that I had read the reviews before I stayed here. Not making that mistake again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Red Oak, Texas, USA
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Your Inn is old but well keep. We stay at the one in Abilene and paid about $75.00 a night and I could get my wife's wheel chair through door but at your Inn, I could not go through door with her wheel chair it very hard to get her in and out of the door. When I booked room for $147 a night, for that price I was sure that your Inn was a Inn & Suites but it is not it was a $75.00 room. I did not ask for a first floor all Inn & Suites have elevators. Your Desk Clerk was able to get us on the first floor. You have a very good deck clerk and I am sure you are not paying him what he should be paid. He made you look good. We will not be staying at you Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hondo, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The only reason I didn't leave is because my school was paying for it and we weren't allowed to. The first thing i noticed when I walked in our room was that it smelled strongly of weed, I know it isn't like sewage stinky but they could have at least used some air freshener. Secondly poor room design and half of the electrical sockets didn't work, the condition wasn't much better considering the the door that opens to the room next door if you want to didn't lock from our side and if you walk along the corridor and look at the wood beams, it isn't very hard to find mold or rotting sections. This all would have been tolerable if the staff were trustworthy. I left my phone there for about 2 hours after we left, which is completely my fault and i am stupid for doing so, however no one had gotten the room since we left except for the maid(s). The manager went to the room to see if it was still there but somehow it had disappeared. the phone is replaceable and I was getting a new one in a few weeks because it had a dead spot in the middle of the screen but the sd card had all of my sister's plays and my football games and if somehow the person/maid who took it sees this, could you please contact me @757 426 4833 so I could get at least the sd card back no questions asked. thanks and just a warning to other possible customers of this place, be careful where you stay.

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Butte, Montana
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hotel room looks like one I would have a 2hr minimum and the furniture is included...savvy? Room had no hot water, Home depot clearance shower surround with loose fittings, no working ice machines in whole hotel, did I mention no hot water...not that you'd want to get naked in a place like this. Housekeeping was still doing my room at 6pm.....Only hotel with vacancies in area....gee, wonder why.

Room Tip: Stay at a Marriott.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business