Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Tx
“Looks are deceiving”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at several Embassy Suites before. This one lacks a lot. Non smoking room reeked of old smoke with very dirty visible vents. The safe didn't lock and the cabinet hung open. When opening the fridge the whole thing jumps out at you! Maid service took the used towels out didn't replace with new and didn't make the bed! Front desk check out was inefficient. Don't act upscale when you definitely are not.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank bjcTx
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear bjcTx,
Thank You for shareing the comments concerning your stay at my hotel. I apologize for the issues with your room cleanliness, maintenance and check in. I have addresssed these with the management team and hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again.
Larry Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
Tyler, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Arrive to a room with a clogged toliet, housekeeping didn't bring me a new iron when I called down, nor did they do a very good job cleaning the room. The free breakfast is worth every penny! Internet access should be complimentary. Pillows worn out. TV picture quality very poor.

2 Thank Robert S
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Robert S,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness and the iron not delivered to your suite. Also I am checking into the pillows you had mentioned. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again when visiting the area.

Ft. Worth Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel was beautiful and very quiet, and the location was perfect (right next door to the outlets!). The complimentary breakfast was exceptional...a truly made-to-order omelet with fresh vegetables, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, pastries, fruit...so much better than the usual complimentary breakfasts you get at other hotels!

Dear Mike r,
Thank You for the nice comments about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location, service and breakfast we offer. I hope on your next visit to San Marcos you will stay with us again.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here with 7 rooms for a wedding party. The hotel accomodated everything and the experience was great. The common spaces are very good for spending time together and the food is fine. The facility is nice, new and clean and the staff addressed every need for us.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank You for taking the time to comment on how you and the wedding party enjoyed the hotel service and amenities. I hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again.

Akron, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very clean and comfortable, spacious room, friendly and accomodating staff, the hotel had so much to offer you didn't need to leave for anything else. We had enough room to entertain a group of friends in the bar and surrounding tables and chairs for a nice visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Kristina S,
Thank You for taking the time to share your comments about the nice stay you had at my hotel. I have shared this with the team and we hope you return again when visiting the area.

Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have not stayed at any hotel in San Marcos other than this one since it opened about 5 years ago. I stay about once a year. It is a very nice Embassy Suites with a convention center attached, so it is usually very busy and full. As a result, it is difficult to find what I consider to be a "good" rate. The best is the AAA or AARP rate during the week for around $135.00/night. This time, we stayed on a Friday and Saturday night and had to pay $160.00 each night. I even booked about 3 months in advance. The hotel offers an early evening hour (starting around 5:30) of complimentary snacks and limited alcoholic drinks. Very basic snacks--crackers, nuts and popcorn type of thing. I hardly ever get to take advantage of this anyway because I am usually still shopping at the outlet mall during this service. The morning cooked-to-order breakfasts are absolutely wonderful though. And the coffee is the best I have EVER had at any hotel. As good as my favorite Keurig brew at home. (Not the in-room coffee, but the coffee downstairs at breakfast.) My main complaint about the breakfast is they often do not offer waffles. For instance, this time, on a Sunday morning at 9:45 a.m. (breakfast ends at 10:30 a.m.) they were no waffle makers in sight. I have found this in the past as well. Maybe no waffles on the week-ends? Maybe no waffles when they are completely booked? Not sure about the magical waffle offering. Also, on this particular Sunday, the pancakes were only available on the buffet rather than fresh from the griddle. The only cooked-to-order items available were eggs and omelets. Still, a good selection of food, breads, fruit, juices, etc. Like all ES, the rooms are very spacious and have a separate bedroom. The bathroom is roomy with good countertop space. This time, I noticed the towels were a little thin and worn. We ended up calling for additional towels and when they still had not been delivered over an hour later, my husband walked downstairs to ask for some. They were delivered finally about 15 minutes later. Also, the bed was quite hard if you like that. Our room was a corner room and was very quiet. The central a/c was quiet as well. As usual, the comforter was too heavy/hot for our tastes, but there was a thinner blanket in the closet to substitute so all was fine. I guess the blanket was provided because the room came with a sofa bed. Usually I end up calling housekeeping to provide the lighter blanket. The hotel has a nice bar, a restaurant, spa, snack area, etc., so lots of extras if needed, or if you don't feel like leaving after getting there. There is nothing close by to walk to, so you would have to drive to go to a restaurant or to get a snack. Although I have never utilized it, I think they provide complimentary shuttle service to the outlet mall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear pickygirl09
Thank You for staying with us since we have opened. I appreciate your nice comments about the hotel and will talk with the F&B team about the waffles and housekeeping concerning the towels. I was pleased that you did enjoy the hotel service, amenities and hope you continue to stay with us when visiting the area.

Duncanville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our visit was great. The front desk was fast,fun and friendly. Our room was clean and we loved our upgrade with my favorite coffee and snacks anytime we wanted one!! The pool was great and met new friends. We always love the evening reception (bartender could have maybe smiled every so often to appear more friendly). The breakfast was yummy with a great selection. Embassy is always our first choice always sad when the town doesn't have one.

GigiTX8,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your Fun stay at the hotel. I was pleased that you met new people here and the staff was very accomidating. I was also glad you enjoyed the amenities of the pool, breakfast and managers reception. I hope on your next trip to San Marcos you will return to the hotel.