Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One elevator was out of service. That left 2 working for a 10 floor hotel. The thermostat wouldn't adjust room temperature. Couldn't reset the clock that was off by 2 hours. The free Margaritas were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Bob T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel because my church had a conference at the conference center. Love the staff, the rooms are super clean and checking out was so easy! The free breakfast was the best part of my stay! The only bummer was that one of the elevators was out the weekend of my visit and there was a huge line to get into one..so I had to take the stairs several times..I was on 9th floor!!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank NV0313
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice place to stay, but remember, most of the time you spend in a hotel/motel is just rest time. That said, I did like this place a lot. Great hot, cook to order breakfast worked out well for the event my group. I didn't ever make it to the manger's reception, but I'm sure it was good too, from the looks of ones that did get to attend the couple of hours of basically happy hour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Best fitness center we've ever seen in a hotel/motel. All top-quality, modern Precor equipment, several machines, rack of dumbbells, free earphones for the aerobic equipment, etc. Outstanding pool and jacuzzi. Best breakfast of any motel/hotel we've ever stayed in. Eggs cooked to order -- a rarity it hotels/motels that offer a free full breakfast. The suite was clean, comfortable, and had a flat screen TV in both the outer living area and the bedroom. The coffee in the room was from the "Coffee Bean" company -- best hotel/motel coffee we've ever tasted. The complimentary drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 PM was a nice touch also. The only negative to our stay was that one of the three elevators was broken, and being a Memorial Day weekend and facility was full, that caused some delays while waiting for the elevator. Other than that, a fantastic stay at a great motel/hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phil E
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The property looked nice - inside and out - but when I arrived the elevators were out of service.

It so happened that one of the guest elevators had smashed into the ceiling of the elevator chamber and was locked in that position when I arrived.

So, all three of the guest elevators were out of service and one had to use the stairs or the service elevator.

Since I was on the 9th floor, the service elevator was the choice for me. It was a bit inconvenient, but the staff was very nice and I experienced very pleasant conversations with each trip up or down the service elevator.

If you stay on a premium floor or have Hilton status, you receive an access code to a pair of dispensing machines: one dispenses beverages and the other dispenses snacks. They were very handy.

Although there were many people at breakfast at the same time, there was always a table available.

All in all, a fine place to stay and I would do so again - especially if visiting the outlet malls a short 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a premium room and the access code for snacks and drinks!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

If you can't say anything nice, well then...., but my story is what the hell happened to me. I left Dallas to visit family for a graduation weekend centering around the San Marcos area, and the check-in should have been a dead give-away. The distracted and obviously attention-deficit robot checking me in repeated in gunfire order the lovely drink reception, the wonderful breakfast cooked to order, etc. After leaving the reception desk, it occurred to me he forgot to give me some vouchers for the restaurant and spa area, etc., for the weekend I reserved. OK, fine, I will go back and get them. Then I get to the exclusive floor where soft drinks and candy, etc. are complimentary. Except the machines constantly malfunction or are emptied continually by the teenagers packed six-eight to a room who are playing (and emptying) the machines like crack-addicted lab rats. The coup-de-grace is the room--a sweltering oven due to a malfunctioning chiller system and no windows to open. One night was all I could take--the noise from the rooms packed 6-8 deep as well as the events there (prom, weddings, some Amway type reception/sales meeting/hypnosis event) did me in, and my second night was spent with a family member. And I cannot forget this--what maid staff forgets to empty the tub after cleaning it--two days in a row? The puddles of water made me want to wash my face in the toilet since it seemed cleaner. When I checked out on Sunday, the second robot asked me how was my stay. I said something like miserable, horrific, or I should have stayed home. He said great, have a wonderful day, thanks for staying with us. Unbelievable, just unbelievable. BTW, my room wasn't the only crematorium--when I asked for the engineer to check my A/C, his walkie-talkie mentioned three (yes, three) other rooms with temperature issues. Next time, you might want to check-out a freight car nearby--at least you can open the doors for ventilation.

Room Tip: Try a nearby hotel or I think even the city jail is air conditioned.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank wcammack .
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible staff service, unlike other hotels, at Embassy Suites you get charged for everything. Food is really bad. The rooms were good but without sense of privacy. I will never book in an Embassy Suites again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn San Marcos
#2 of 33 in San Marcos
Courtyard by Marriott San Marcos
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Marcos Outlet Mall

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center

Address: 1001 E McCarty Ln, San Marcos, TX 78666-1080
Region: United States > Texas > San Marcos
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in San Marcos
#1 Business Hotel in San Marcos
Price Range: £95 - £225 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center 3.5*
Set just a short drive from the bustling center of downtown San Marcos, the Embassy Suites San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center is a contemporary and spacious hotel that offers more space, flexibility and freedom during your stay. Each of the San Marcos hotel’s 283 two-room suites provides a superb range of modern hotel amenities, including two flat-screen TVs and high-speed internet access. Whether you want to dine on a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast or prepare one yourself with the suite’s mini refrigerator, microwave oven and coffeemaker, our hotel in San Marcos, TX is designed to give you more freedom. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel San Marcos