“The worst place on earth”

Wingate by Wyndham San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos
mexico
“The worst place on earth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

If you want to hear s*x panting ( because the rooms have very thin walls) and you ask for a room change,you will be greeted with four police cars because the manager Bianca and Leanna (the rudest persons i´ve ever known) will call them. By the way, if you get in by midnight, don´t expect a clean room the next day: You´ll have to wait 36 hours.
Go anywhere else... if you are a walk-in you will be advised you´ll have to pay a stupid amount of money. Go anywhere else!!

Room Tip: the best room is in another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Corpus Christi, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent three nights. This location recently changed from a Holiday Inn Express. The room was large and attractive, so it's hard not to give a higher rating except that so many little things were below par for this price level. At check-in, the clerk was informative and friendly. Our coffee maker didn't work, but was replaced by the next morning. The elevator and hall on our floor smelled a bit musty. Breakfast included a large variety, but not much that was good quality. All in all, if there were a 3 and a half rating, that's what I would have given it, but it wasn't a 4.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee W
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

nice big rooms with comfortable beds, big fluffy towels, excellent quality toiletries, really good variety of choices for breakfast and superb customer service - from front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast attendants, maintenance and management

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Phaedra57
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed at San Marcos Hotel & Suites July 2013 for a week. Very clean and good breakfast. The housekeeping staff work extremely hard and do a great job! Even though hotel was full up for the weekend, breakfast items were kept stocked. We will stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pcs51
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed one night with 2 adults and 1 child. The hotel was a mix of things. Service was excellent except for one slow employee. The breakfast was acceptable although they were slow to refill some of the items. The pool looked pretty good and there were several people using it although our family did not. The beds, bathroom TV etc. were pretty good. The room did seem humid to us even with the A/C turned down low but we didn't have any sneezing going on which likely we would have if it had been an on going issue with the room. My wife has mold allergies and she was fine. The TV was fine. The WiFi however did not work well at all. My wife even talked to the front desk and they gave her a # to call for their provider and she spent 20 minutes on the phone trying different things. Never did get it to work. Disappointing. The fitness center looked fine from what I could tell. The exterior of the hotel looked a bit tired. In summary I would stay again. I shopped and we saved a significant amount over the highly rated hotels in town. If I were to stay over several days I might move up but I was satisfied with what we got here the WiFi being the only downer. Another plus was it is in a good "neighborhood". In the same parking lot as the Hampton, Comfort Suites and a Luby's cafeteria which we ate at for dinner. Overall a 3 1/2 but can't give it a 4.

Room Tip: We were near the exit on the 1st floor and was surprised at how quiet a room we had. I believe it w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kfish59
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We wanted to stay at the Hampton inn across the street. Unfortunatelly for us, it was full. This hotel was priced the same, so my expectations were that it would be a comparable stay. As soon as I walked in, the first thing that I noticed was a strong smell of a Perfume like chemical. My first thought was that they were trying to mask the smell of cigarettes. I asked the check in "clerk" who acted like she would rather be anywhere but there, for a non smoking room. I was really surprised when she informed me that the entire hotel was non smoking. Once I entered the room, the decor felt a little tired, but worse it felt like a sauna in there. I called the same "I don't care, I just work here receptionist" to inform her that the AC was not cooling. She didn't offer to change rooms, nor even offered a half insincere apology. She simply said, she would send maintenance. He was the most efficient person in that whole stay. He said he would fix the problem. I left and informed the "cardboard cut out receptionist " that the AC was not working, and under the circumstances I couldn't stay with my 9 year old in a hot room. She just gave me a vacant nod. My only comment to her was that if the room was not cool on our return (from our forced departure due to the sauna like feel in the room) that we would need to be moved- her response; no apology. No I am sorry we will give you a 10 percent off for your trouble - nothing a "uh humm" The next day, the breakfast area was super busy. The staff in that area worked diligently to get it restock and cleaned. That was the only positive in this hotel. The "clerk" situation for the next day was the same as check in. Although, it was a different girl the attitude was the same. No smile. No how was your stay? No thank you. It was very over priced for such poor service, broken AC, smelly hotel and tired decor. Go someplace else.

Room Tip: Pass on thos hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks while we were working in San Marcos. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Location was good with restaurants very close to the hotel. It used to be a holiday inn express so the rooms are great. I will stay here anytime I am in San Marcos.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business