“Not very clean”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just stayed 2 nights this week. Lobby floors and room floor was dated and very soiled. I would not take my flip flops off to walk on the room flooring. Walls are paper thin and if you are not on the top floor you can hear every footstep of the guest above you. Very loud as it is next to I35 with paper thin walls. Not worth the money we spent for a queen double suite, $154/night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Pablo Palomino.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Even though there was a baseball tournament and most of the teams stayed here our room was quiet. There was some trash left in the hallways, but it was cleaned up in the morning quickly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and kept full. Overall a great experience.

1  Thank dbtrussell
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel his past Friday and Saturday, when we checked out my daughter forgot her tablet in the room as soon as we noticed she did not pack it we called the hotel, the room had not been rented out to anyone at the time but according to the front desk and later the manager nothing had been found. I was very disappointed because it looks like someone in the cleaning staff found it and did not turn it in to their bosses. We have in the past forgotten things at other hotels and their staff was very honest and had turned our items in. Although my daughter should have been more responsible its very sad that the person who cleaned the room could not have been a better person and turned it in.

1  Thank Traveler242815
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm giving 5 stars mainly because of the service and location. We were given great service. They were extremely helpful when booking our week long stay and checking in. We also loved the location. It's only minutes from the outlet malls, 20 minutes from floating the Comal River and Schlitterbahn, and just down the road from the Wimberley attractions.

The hotel was nice. We stayed in a king suite. It had a separate little living space that gave our daughter some privacy. The fold out couch / bed wasn't the most comfortable though. Rooms were Clean. Each morning they served a nice breakfast.

One suggestion, bring a portable fan. Not for extra a/c, but for a little noise to help you sleep :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed there this past weekend and service was horrible. Room need it to be deep clean, carpet was stained and there was hair in the bathroom floor. Front desk clerk was very unfriendly did not even mentioned breakfast hours or where the elevator was at luckily I had stayed there before maybe the old staff is no longer there. We choose this hotel because it's supposed to be one of two hotels the best in San Marcos not this time. The food Warner's were very hot they even burned my fingers I had to serve my 17 year old due to the handles were extremely hot. I call guest relations all I get it's a template of apology letter that seems that front desk manager Pablo Palomino uses all the time as I see the same apology used on trip advisor replies. I mentioned to him that I was not satisfied with stay and demanded a full refund; however, he mentioned that I used his hotel that could only offer 40 percent off. Then he dares to ask me how do I know so much about the industry that what do I do for a living, I was how dare he? I know about customer service because my husband and I owned a small maintenance company so we know we need to keep our customers satisfied especially when we charge for services. I know I will not stay here again at other Country Inn and Suites yes but not this one! Stay away!! There was more issues that I won't mentioned here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Our maintenance staff has investigated and dealt with the food warmers. We've also reviewed our service standards with our front desk staff. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Pablo G. Palomino Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Apologize for length but I promise it's worth the read if you are wanting to stay at this hotel

For $150 a night I thought this hotel would be just as nice as any holiday inn or comfort suites I've been to... First walking the girl at desk was nice went to elevator to get to room sounded like it probably needed some maintenance. We stayed on 3 floor and the carpets in the hallway looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in a while, got into room and it just felt musty but the room otherwise seemed clean. Sheets weren't very comfortable, they seemed stiff (I think possibly from musty atmosphere). We went shopping Thursday, and Friday morning (when we were leaving) the clothes we had out in shopping bags were semi moist (assuming again from room). We had the free breakfast which was alright considering it was free, they also had healthy options which I found nice for those trying to stay healthy even while vacationing but it was hard to enjoy meal because we had flies keep landing on our plates while we were trying to eat.

Not sure if we would have said anything about room what they would have done, as far as room change or something. We chose not to say anything though because it was still clean and it wasn't a place that seemed like you needed to worry about bugs.

On the plus, location was great! right off the highway and less than 10 minutes from outlet malls. I never noticed traffic noise while in hotel.

For the price and my personal experience I would have gone for a different hotel. I had choosen this hotel based on previous reviews so I'm just wanting to put a very honest review out there for those looking to book this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is probably the worst Country Inn and Suites we have stayed at. Upon check-in, we proceeded to our room and it stunk. My husband was convinced something had died in there. We called the front desk and they were able to switch our room. The next room didn't stink like the first did.

The carpet was old and worn - didn't want to take off my shoes. The couch was old and very uncomfortable - could feel the springs. The tv remote in the living room area didn't work. The bathroom was not clean - I had to wipe down the toilet as there was hair on it.

It was very loud - we could hear outside noises all night. I think there must have been some kind of factory directly behind the hotel (on the south side) because we heard machinery all night.

We visited the pool - gross pretty much sums it up. It was not clean - there was alot of hair in the water. There were used towels on almost all of the chairs that had not been picked up so new folks wanting to use the pool could use. The towels were pathethic - bring your own. These were about half the size of a normal towel and so thin they didn't dry you off. Also, several adults were drinking at the pool, which made us really uncomfortable with so many kids around. I guess there is no regulation or rules on alcohol at the pool area.

The breakfast was ok - standard continental breakfast. Watch out for the eggs and sausage - something wasn;t quite right with those. The biscuits were good though.

All in all we found it to be overpriced for the dirty quality and will stay elsewhere next time we are in San Marcos.

Room Tip: South side is noisy!