Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX
Candlewood Suites(San Marcos)
Econo Lodge(San Marcos)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolstayed here for nightsfree breakfastwafflescheck in was quicknice roombeds were comfortablehot breakfastdefinitely stay here againthe staff was friendly and helpfulexcellent stayeasy accessoutlet mallnew braunfelsconvenient locationhighwayinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just stayed 2 nights this week. Lobby floors and room floor was dated and very soiled. I would not take my flip flops off to walk on the room flooring. Walls are paper thin and if you are not on the top floor you can hear every footstep of the guest above you. Very loud as it is next to I35 with paper thin walls. Not worth the money we spent for a queen double suite, $154/night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Pablo Palomino.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Even though there was a baseball tournament and most of the teams stayed here our room was quiet. There was some trash left in the hallways, but it was cleaned up in the morning quickly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and kept full. Overall a great experience.

1  Thank dbtrussell
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel his past Friday and Saturday, when we checked out my daughter forgot her tablet in the room as soon as we noticed she did not pack it we called the hotel, the room had not been rented out to anyone at the time but according to the front desk and later the manager nothing had been found. I was very disappointed because it looks like someone in the cleaning staff found it and did not turn it in to their bosses. We have in the past forgotten things at other hotels and their staff was very honest and had turned our items in. Although my daughter should have been more responsible its very sad that the person who cleaned the room could not have been a better person and turned it in.

1  Thank Traveler242815
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm giving 5 stars mainly because of the service and location. We were given great service. They were extremely helpful when booking our week long stay and checking in. We also loved the location. It's only minutes from the outlet malls, 20 minutes from floating the Comal River and Schlitterbahn, and just down the road from the Wimberley attractions.

The hotel was nice. We stayed in a king suite. It had a separate little living space that gave our daughter some privacy. The fold out couch / bed wasn't the most comfortable though. Rooms were Clean. Each morning they served a nice breakfast.

One suggestion, bring a portable fan. Not for extra a/c, but for a little noise to help you sleep :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed there this past weekend and service was horrible. Room need it to be deep clean, carpet was stained and there was hair in the bathroom floor. Front desk clerk was very unfriendly did not even mentioned breakfast hours or where the elevator was at luckily I had stayed there before maybe the old staff is no longer there. We choose this hotel because it's supposed to be one of two hotels the best in San Marcos not this time. The food Warner's were very hot they even burned my fingers I had to serve my 17 year old due to the handles were extremely hot. I call guest relations all I get it's a template of apology letter that seems that front desk manager Pablo Palomino uses all the time as I see the same apology used on trip advisor replies. I mentioned to him that I was not satisfied with stay and demanded a full refund; however, he mentioned that I used his hotel that could only offer 40 percent off. Then he dares to ask me how do I know so much about the industry that what do I do for a living, I was how dare he? I know about customer service because my husband and I owned a small maintenance company so we know we need to keep our customers satisfied especially when we charge for services. I know I will not stay here again at other Country Inn and Suites yes but not this one! Stay away!! There was more issues that I won't mentioned here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Our maintenance staff has investigated and dealt with the food warmers. We've also reviewed our service standards with our front desk staff. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Pablo G. Palomino Front Office Manager.