“Sleep would have been nice!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went on a family trip and chose this hotel due to the good reviews. We got a room on the bottom floor, and little did we know that the kitchen was directly adjacent to our room. There were doors slamming and people banging on the walls most of the night. These were employees, not inconsiderate guests. Normally an employee will ask how your stay was when you check out, but not here. There was mildew on the ceiling, bugs on the floor, and the breakfast was awful. Definitely not worth $150 a night.

Room Tip: Try an upper floor if you must stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. I have addressed the noise issue with our breakfast team. We also placed that room out of order and contacted our pest control company to treat that specific room. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall experience was good. The price was too high for the condition of the room. The carpet was dirty and the back of the bathroom door was in poor condition. These conditions don't bother me, but for $200 a night I would expect better conditions. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel outside and lobby fool you it looks very nice but as you start walking the halls there is a stench of puss and mildew! We always take the stairs it stunk so bad and stains all over carpets in halls as well. Our room appearance was nice but it smelled so bad we had to open the window all night. It smelled of mildew or old air conditioning. The covers smelled musty and the pillows had mascara stains or did they even wash them? We stayed on a Saturday and paid $175.00 I have paid that for a high class hotel it was ridiculous but apparently all the hotels charged that or more!

• Stayed: August 2014
Pablo P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel online. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Pablo G. Palomino
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My daughter and I went to go see my son, her brother and to spend a weekend together as a family. So we stayed close by him, I think it was 2/4 of a mile away, I told him I was so close by I might be able to hear him talking to his room mate at night, so they better watch out what talking about. ha,ha. Anyway this Inn had super comfy beds and very clean rooms. We both slept like we were floating in a cloud. We liked it so much we even booked another night after checking out. The location was great for us, because of where my son lives, but it was super close to restuarants, and I think it was one exit up from the Tanger's Shopping place with all the great stores. The food was good, just kind of your standard, already made up items or you make your own waffle, you get the picture, dining room was clean. Just a simple little place, not crazy fancy, just average, but décor was nice. My only complaint would be the flooring on the elevator, everything else about hotel was updated and nice, but the flooring in the elevator bothered me it was lumpy, and elevator seemed old. When my son and his roommate came up to our room to get us to go to Fiesta Texas, he was like I was afraid to see the room after riding in that elevator, I thought I was going to have to move my two special ladies somewhere else. I told all was great except for that.

Room Tip: I don't know which would be the best just kind of a standard, clean, updated space. But I booked...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent welcome, nice room, great location, good breakfast, clean room, good size bathroom, nice bedding, good size pool, very good wifi, enough parking spaces, nice touch welcome cookies and self-serve coffee

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My Family and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was nice and beds very comfy. I like that they changed some of the breakfast items each day, that added a nice variety. For those looking to shop at the San Marcos Outlet shops, it's the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I paid and booked 2 nights in a suite. We arrived and they gave us a small room with 2 queens that smelled bad and had a giant stain on the carpet, that looked like an old crime scene. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone was also broke. I went to the front desk to address the issues, the young man working the desk put us in a different room that was also not a suite? I attempted to call the front desk to explain that we paid for a large suite, guess what...another broken phone. My teenagers were tired, we were exhausted at this point from our site seeing all day already. I walked back down to the front desk and spoke to the lady that seemed to be in charge. I told her that I had paid over $200 a night for a suite. She said" I can't do anything about that, we are at full capacity, and sense you booked through Expedia, that's not our problem" WOW... What great customer service. The hotel is not as nice as even a Holiday Inn express, but it is about $75 a night more. Won't be coming back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I verified that the booking made through Expedia was made for a standard two queen bedroom. If you check your confirmation email from Expedia it should give you a room description and we would be glad to reimburse the difference if it shows you paid for a suite. Regardless, I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.