“Neatly done museum for the car lover!”

Dick's Classic Garage
Ranked #1 of 41 things to do in San Marcos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dick's Classic Garage is a part of the Central Texas Museum of Automotive History.We are a 501(c)3, non-profit organization whose goal is to provide an educational and entertaining experience for our guests. The mission of each museum is to develop an understanding of the history of the automobile and its relation to society.In addition, the museum will acquire and renovate vehicles that are of historic and developmental importance. The Museum's goal is to show today's guests and future generations the evolution of the automobile and how it has impacted society and the effect society has had on the automobile.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I will admit, I am not much of a car fanatic, but I went to a dinner event here in July and it was a neat little museum. The facility is very nice with an interesting array of beautiful cars. It gives you a little slice of American history and the love affair with cars. Worth a stop.

1  Thank BKAG04
Dicks_Classic_Garage, Public Relations Manager at Dick's Classic Garage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you so much for the review, we are glad that you enjoyed the museum!

All reviews
"my husband loves"
"couple of hours"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Located off of the same road that the WonderWorld cave is, Dick’s Classic Garage was a smaller building than I expected. Its literature touted that it had a Tucker, which I wonder if it obtained from when the Rosanky museum closed. In addition to various cars, there were also murals and old advertisements on the wall.

The cars were lined up in nice neat rows, which made sense when you realized that each one of these are still driveable. All were nicely washed, polished, and chrome. The majority of the cars here were from the post-WW2 period, plus some that book-ended the decade on either side.

It’s great to find things I wasn’t aware of, like there was an auto manufacturer in San Antonio back in the early 20th Century. There was the last known surviving 1919 Lone Star, made by the Lone Star Truck and Tractor Association.

It was a nice visit, and I’m glad I checked it out, but it lacked a lot of the early 20th Century models which made the Central Texas Museum of Automotive History (in Rosanky) so interesting. This is still worth checking out if you’re in the area.

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your trip to the museum! We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

There were amazing vehicles here. I had always wanted to see a Tucker, and they have a beautiful one. We were here for a special dinner event, and the place rocks!

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed the Tucker, and the museum!! We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The displays were setup nice and the gift shop is fun. The staff is very good too. The cost is a bit spendy for the number of cars you see, but there is a coupon in the SAVE book available just outside the main entrance. We went to see the Tucker, but the others are good too :)

1  Thank Becky S

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed our museum! We hope to see you again in the future!