“Food good but service is incompetent”
Review of Sonic Drive-In

Cuisines: Fast food
Description: 512-392-0537
Description: 512-392-0537
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There are 3 Sonics in San Marcos have been to all 3, but this one is closer to home so I've been here a lot. But I'm about to find the closeness not worth it. I have a basic order, order the same way every Tuesday. Consistently I have to repeat the order several times because the grade school dropout at the order desk can't get it right. Me: "I want two hamburgers..." Them: (interrupting me before I finish) ":Is that no cheese?" (It is at most places, Poindexter...) Me: "yes With mustard, tomatoes and extra onions only" Them: OK that's two cheeseburgers..." Me: "No, HAMBURGERS, no cheese." Then: "OK Two hamburgers with lettuce.... Me: "No lettuce... Mustard tomatoes and extra onions only." After two or three more attempts, I get it read back to me correctly. But I drive away and find either the burger has cheese or pickles or lettuce and sometimes all 3. To their credit I do get correct orders about 50% of the time, but that's not good enough for a passing grade. The other two places don't seem to have any trouble when I order the same thing.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Service is always excellent, fast, and friendly Food always delicious as I have never encountered a soggy or cold tater tot.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had the supersonic double cheeseburger. It was yummy! Extremely tasty, good quality beef, good size. The service is reasonably fast but very friendly staff. The fries are a letdown though - they need to improve the fries recipe asap! Having said that I would definitely eat there again and again if I could.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have had good and bad experiences with this Sonic, including completely incorrect meals, resulting in a ruined lunch hour amid a long day at work. The food is pretty consistent, given that it is a chain, but always check your order and make sure you got what you wanted before you drive away.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Service is slow; staff is incompetent; stay away & don't waste your money