“Team players”

Ranked #21 of 280 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the food was good and the service was friendly and patient, we had 9 kids and 7 parents, a girls basketball team. They got all the orders and bills correct and we received the food in a timely manner.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The service was awful. The food was horrible but because we were with friends I didn't want to embarrass anyone so I kept my mouth shut. I felt so bad for my friend because pretty much every side item she ordered they were out of, we did get there close to closing, but they literally had nothing but fries available..to top this off the worst part was that we left a cash tip despite the service..but
the waitress added a tip to our credit card bill. When I noticed a few days later, I spoke to a manager and they fixed it and she said it was done as an accident and that I wouldn't get charged with the unauthorized tip. Never going back to that one!

3  Thank NV0313
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in San Marcos in November on a trip to see the US Grand Prix in Austin. We'd seen the Texas Roadhouse as we drove around, but as it was on the other side of the I35, it wasn't easy to get to unless you drove there (which I didn't want to do, as I planned to have a beer or two!). Eventually, on our last night, we got the hotel to order us a cab as everyone insisted you couldn't walk there, despite it only being about a mile away. When we arrived, the place was packed, but we only had to wait about ten minutes, and sat at the bar in the meantime anyway. The food was excellent, and great value. The atmosphere was great; very much what I expected from a 'Roadhouse', but at the same time family-friendly; a good trick to pull off! Oh, and we gave up trying to get a cab back and decided to walk... It turns out there ARE footpaths, and it was easy!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were given a gift card and stopped on a trip. Lots of people, long wait but worth it all in the end. Shrimp appetizer, hot fresh bread, good salad with great chicken tenders and great bar drinks gave us a very good evening. Choose a moment when you have time and try them out.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Went to this location while staying in the area on business. Had a ribeye steak and it was very good. Service was great. Restaurant was clean. If you like the Texas Roadhouse chain, you will enjoy this location.